6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
April 20, 2024, 7:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
73 minutes of turgid tripe. Then we bring on Ainley and discover we do have someone who can play an incisive inviting pass that just begged to be buried in the back of the net. Suddenly the basics that were proving so difficult become easier and the black cloud is lifted and for 15 minutes donkeys become horses. Thank god it’s over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Spurn boy
April 20, 2024, 7:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Summed the game up perfectly

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
Bigwinn1975
April 20, 2024, 7:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +81
Agreed

Ainley made a heck of a difference

Thought Holohan did ok compared to the last few performances but his rapid exit at the end made me think he knows his time at BP is over

The formation didn’t match how Swindon set up so it was cagey for a while- vernam looked strong and good to see Maher do well especially with the long throws that Tharme usually takes.

Swindon gave up after the second goal.

That’s that. On to the next season, but as they say it’s the hope that kills you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
RonMariner
April 20, 2024, 8:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
In the post match interview, what you can make of it because the sound quality is dreadful, Artell says we will have a better team next season. And from the way he says it, it is clear he means a different team. I think he will have a massive clearout, and rightly so. We need players who can at least control the ball and pass to a team mate.

We need more players of the quality of Thompson, Rose and Tharme. Certainly three defenders, a couple of midfielders and a couple of forwards. Plus an experienced keeper. So eight at least.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
Theimperialcoroner
April 20, 2024, 8:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,249
Gold Stars: 102
Wilson and Green showed why you’d want both here next season, the latter looks much better not having to make last ditch tackles all the time. Vernham, Thompson, Rose, Smith, Tharm and one or two others also. We’ll see.

Also noted some very interesting comments from DA and JS today. Seems like Hurst didn’t do what was expected in terms of transfers or running the club. It’s yet to be seen if the preferred methodology bears fruit, but I’m prepared to back it with renewing my season ticket.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
buckstown
April 20, 2024, 9:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
First half was a shocker. Everything changed when Andrews and Ainley came on and both goals were well taken
In a sea of mediocrity stand up mr. Curtis Thompson for giving me hope
Also thought Harvey Rodgers and Mullarkey looked ok against an abject but on the beach Swindon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
Maringer
April 20, 2024, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
A felt a bit sorry for Wood. He's a long way off being ready for men's football and his touch let him down today. I think he was probably overwhelmed by the pressure of the day.

Ainley looked like a footballer, Andrews did a really good job when he came on as well, winning tackles against their quick right-back and giving him something to think about.

Great finish by Smith (who I think would be worth keepin) and a really good one from Wilson as well. He did a decent job today, but I think the missed chances this season and lack of ability to retain possession if the ball isn't straight at him, make me happy to see him leave (which I think is likely). I'm still not convinced Green is ultimately good enough with the ball at his feet, but he's put in some decent performances over the past month, which might earn him a deal.

Lots of work to do in the summer, but at least the last game isn't going to be a stressful occasion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
CSLM
April 20, 2024, 9:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Well it wasn't pretty and Swindon were well on top at points in the first half but we got there in the end. I thought Maher did well considering how long he had been out and Mullarkey looks a good player in the 3, reads the game very well.
Brilliant goal by Wilson. How he scored that and not the one from 6 yards I don't know. He did superbly to create the chance then seemed to hit it into the floor. Overall his hold up play was decent, don't know if he still wants to leave but I hope he stays as he does have something about him. I'd see if Smith wanted to sign to, definitely an upgrade on what we have had recently.
Hopefully we can keep Ainley, has certainly showed some creativity when he has been on the pitch. Special mention to Andrew's who I have always liked and he did very well when he came on, I like his passion, good luck to him. Speaking of passion it was quite sad seeing Holohan going off. He was not happy and kicked the seats in the dugout. Possibly the last time we will see him at home? It's a difficult one as I love the guy. There are times when he looks great but they are probably to many times when you can say the opposite.
Looking forward to seeing what Artell can do and hopefully seeing some better football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
April 20, 2024, 9:32pm
Guest User
Yeah there’s going to a be a couple of heart wrenching Twitter posts this summer.
Reply: 8 - 57
denni266
April 20, 2024, 9:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
From the boat.. At last we can  relax now for a bit. Lets not get in this sort of scrap again next season. Time to recharge and watch the pre season unwind
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.