tanga_the_indestructible
May 3, 2023, 2:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Stew0_0
Anyone else think we was very good at Stockport away. One of the few teams this term to take three points from them at Edgeley Park

My favourite league game last season. Thought it was a perfect away performance. We looked really quick and dangerous on the break (shame we couldn't keep that up).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
RonMariner
May 3, 2023, 5:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,889
Gold Stars: 232
I think the Southampton game will be talked about long after all the other games are forgotten. It put the club into the history books. It was the result that means that we achieved something no other club has in the entire history of the FA cup. Now that really is something!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
easypeersy
May 3, 2023, 9:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Hartlepool at home was amazing!
I’ll get my coat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
FishOutOfWater
May 4, 2023, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,588
Gold Stars: 37
Tough call for me between Plymouth at home and Luton away

My expectations for both games weren't high ( especially after falling behind a few minutes in to Plymouth ) but to come back in both of those games gave me the same sort of satisfaction as some of our games last season

When Luton went ahead too I really thought that was it but they didn't count on our team spirit and ability to never give up the fight
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 24
The Caterham Mariner
May 4, 2023, 4:07pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +105
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from buckstown
Of the games I've been to it has to be Southampton. Biggest and best party I've ever been to. The pub beforehand was rocking, walk to the stadium, the match, VAR, the ten minutes after the final whistle, driving home listening to talksport and the twenty seven times I've watched the highlights
Lifetime memories

Crikey !! ...27 times...That game will go down in "Mariners" History when it comes up in future conversations " Yes I know I was there!"
Most away games for me due to driving are called "Bovril only games!" But Southampton because i stayed overnight
I too was able to join in a few ales to savour the Game / Win / "Harry" / away crowd turnout for midweek match on the South coast.
As for the televised  match saw it  twice before the family removed it off the "planner" You can't erase the memories.
UTM 2023/24

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Performance of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.