Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Your expectations for next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 93 Guests

For our finishing league position
Only title will do
Top 3
Top 7
Top 10
10th-15th
Anything but a relegation battle will do
  View Results 191 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Your expectations for next season ?

This thread currently has 4,329 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
FishySmithy
April 30, 2023, 3:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
All depends on other Clubs who we have with us in the league I expect Disney FC to be right up there and if either Notts County and Chesterfield come up the same.
Some decent teams in the playoffs in L2 and those who miss out will be in the mix.

Then I fancy FGR also in mix at the top and if MK Dons slip through the net they will be top 7 at least. We are facing the possibility of a much more top heavy league next season.

…….but (their is always a but) I would fancy us to do a Stevenage if we nail the recruitment, doesn’t have to be big signing or for a nominal fee, just a good old savy bit of business and never say never kind motto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
HertsGTFC
April 30, 2023, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,077
Gold Stars: 238
I expect us to win more games at home built on keeping the ball and passing it much better than we’ve done this term.

In terms of where we’ll finish? Top half.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
GollyGTFC
April 30, 2023, 5:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,991
Gold Stars: 361
To have a very good squad assembled by the opening day of the season with a big improvement in quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 47
The Caterham Mariner
April 30, 2023, 5:34pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +105
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from FishySmithy
All depends on other Clubs who we have with us in the league I expect Disney FC to be right up there and if either Notts County and Chesterfield come up the same.
Some decent teams in the playoffs in L2 and those who miss out will be in the mix.

Then I fancy FGR also in mix at the top and if MK Dons slip through the net they will be top 7 at least. We are facing the possibility of a much more top heavy league next season.

…….but (their is always a but) I would fancy us to do a Stevenage if we nail the recruitment, doesn’t have to be big signing or for a nominal fee, just a good old savy bit of business and never say never kind motto.

I liked this comment / reply as you put another angle on our "Town" that being the other teams in the league what /who,we are up against come 2023/24 Season New owners "Rose tinted Spectacles" for us come to mind but  come Kick off new season we are all in the same boat.
So Positively  looking forward to it  the ups and downs,wins and loses are the joy of supporting  "Town" the dream is automatic promotion , even playoffs would be nice ,stay in the league I don't care just wanna be there.
My hometown team !!
UTM 2023/34

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 30, 2023, 5:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Our away form will keep us up again and that’s about it, I imagine we will finish maybe 5 points above the bottom two

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Heswall Mariner
April 30, 2023, 6:08pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Top 7 represents a steady improvement which the club are aiming for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
ginnywings
April 30, 2023, 7:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I learned long ago not to have expectations. Hopes are different and I hope we make the top 7 or better.

At the start of this season, I said I thought we could make the top ten and with a bit of luck and a fair wind, we might make the play offs. Too many draws cost us a lot of points and not having a player or two that could finish the chances we created. I think the stats showed we created plenty, but didn't take enough of them to be a threat to the top end of the league.

I didn't see any team that looked head and shoulders above us, and I don't think we are that far off. A good window needed to make us more ruthless, so let's hope for one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
rancido
April 30, 2023, 7:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ginnywings
I learned long ago not to have expectations. Hopes are different and I hope we make the top 7 or better.

At the start of this season, I said I thought we could make the top ten and with a bit of luck and a fair wind, we might make the play offs. Too many draws cost us a lot of points and not having a player or two that could finish the chances we created. I think the stats showed we created plenty, but didn't take enough of them to be a threat to the top end of the league.

I didn't see any team that looked head and shoulders above us, and I don't think we are that far off. A good window needed to make us more ruthless, so let's hope for one.

I think you are spot on with this summary. The circumstances surrounding our promotion always meant that we would be disadvantaged and playing catch up against the top runners for promotion out of this league. The fact that, despite some poor and lacklustre, home performances,  we have remained in contention for a play-off place until fairly recently gives me hope for next season.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
ginnywings
April 30, 2023, 7:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
We could still finish 10th if results go our way, but we could equally end up 15th.

Not too bad all in all given where we were at 2 seasons ago at this stage with relegation looming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 30, 2023, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,105
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mappers
I am expecting a shot at top 7 minimum , I wondered what others expectations are .

I wouldn't go as far as saying expect, but I want us all to aim for it.

I will get lynched for this but I won't be calling for Hurst to go if there is a bump in the road next season. Progress/improvement doesn't go up in a straight line, sometimes there are bumps in the road.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Your expectations for next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.