PoutonStepover
April 27, 2023, 9:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
https://flip.it/-sQzQH

Well that was 20 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

The article and video being an absolute woke wafflefest, but the Mariners get a mention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Azimuth
April 27, 2023, 10:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +713
Gold Stars: 61
The Guardian Reading intolerant Veganistas will soon be onto town demanding the trawler and fish are removed and replaced by a windmill and tofu.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Norseman
April 27, 2023, 11:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Azimuth
The Guardian Reading intolerant Veganistas will soon be onto town demanding the trawler and fish are removed and replaced by a windmill and tofu.

Especially as our new owner writes columns in the guardian
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
promotion plaice
April 28, 2023, 12:04am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,101
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from Azimuth

The world is going mad....

https://plantbasednews.org/news/activism/peta-fish-cat-billboard-campaign/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 28, 2023, 12:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,154
Gold Stars: 203
In my 1st year at uni I lived with a vegetarian. She was a pain in the bottom. Remarks of how could we eat this or that every meal we had. Really trying to put us off our food. Saying that all animals had families and they shouldn’t be consumed and how nature isn’t respected!

Still, it didn’t stop me using ‘her’ frying pan every Saturday morning to cook bacon in and only wipe it clean!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
aldi_01
April 28, 2023, 6:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.01
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think your vegetarian housemate was just a girl private, and the fact she was a veggie exacerbated that.

I lived with two and I’m friends with several vegetarians and vegans and you wouldn’t know. Not all are male masturbators….

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 28, 2023, 8:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,154
Gold Stars: 203
Quoted from aldi_01
I think your vegetarian housemate was just a girl private, and the fact she was a veggie exacerbated that.

I lived with two and I’m friends with several vegetarians and vegans and you wouldn’t know. Not all are male masturbators….

I used to manage a vegetarian restaurant above Liverpool Street station and totally agree. Not all of them are and times have changed. Am guessing it was different in the 90s  to what it is now. Plus, she came from a privileged home and was probably going through a rebellion stage tbh!  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Maringer
April 28, 2023, 8:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,786
Gold Stars: 189
In the longer term, we certainly are going to have to eat more plant protein as the planet's population continues to increase and resources dwindle. Either that, or different types of 'creature' protein, such as that from insects! The alternative could be lab-grown meat or perhaps other sorts of processed plant protein. Not a veggie myself (though I love a dal) and I'm rarely interested in the vegetarian option, but I'm aware it's likely to be necessary in the future.

Oh, there's also soylent green as an option as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
OddShapedBalls
April 28, 2023, 9:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,229
Gold Stars: 40
Or we could actually invest in agriculture properly rather than trying to drive out all small and medium farmers in favour of huge agricorps so they can rinse us all forever after in a food monopoly.  We already produce loads of food that gets thrown away as 'undesirable' because it's wonky or to keep prices high artificially.  The only reason there is a push for 'plant protein' is because the margins are astronomical compared to traditional grass fed meat.

RE to the angry veggie/vegan anecdotes above, I tend to find it's the student age ones who are militant about it, personally met plenty of those however I have also dated, worked with and been friends with many who you'd never know wouldn't touch meat. Maybe it's an age/experience thing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
immariner
April 28, 2023, 9:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
The only reason there is a push for 'plant protein' is because the margins are astronomical compared to traditional grass fed meat.

It's plainly untrue that that is the only reason and you know it is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ships on badges

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.