Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Burnsy

This thread currently has 6,761 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
April 26, 2023, 7:40am
Guest User
I suspect this is the beginning of local radio deteriorating like local newspapers have. Expect Humberside to be full of stories about women from Stoke on Trent complaining about their botched plastic surgery in Turkey.
Reply: 60 - 79
Heisenberg
April 26, 2023, 8:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,113
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Zmariner

I would research that statement

There’ve been thousands of people called Jesus, I’ve even met one. But he wasn’t the messiah, he was just a very naughty boy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
jamesgtfc
April 26, 2023, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,103
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 140381
I suspect this is the beginning of local radio deteriorating like local newspapers have. Expect Humberside to be full of stories about women from Stoke on Trent complaining about their botched plastic surgery in Turkey.

If the sun ever comes out (it was 2C last night and it's May next week), they might take inspiration from Luke Green and try to fry an egg on their car too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 79
ginnywings
April 26, 2023, 10:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from promotion plaice

Exactly, that's why it's been moved to non footy, simple as that, I'm not taking sides.

Although you have made complaints in posts before about politics in threads and did make a post saying surprise, surprise, so I'm thinking this is you getting miffed and moving a thread to where it will be viewed less.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 79
arryarryarry
April 26, 2023, 11:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Maringer

Yep, in the same way that pensioners and their triple-lock pension are taking money out of the pockets of hard-working nurses.

If you believe one, you must surely believe the other?

Not even similar, most if not all pensioners will have paid their dues via National Insurance Contributions where as Lineker has contributed intercourse all apart from spouting crap about football matches.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
arryarryarry
April 26, 2023, 11:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I guess it's quite easy to get your attention caught up in some of the "headlines" but actually when you look at the content that the BBC provides across TV, radio, on line and worldwide it's not just the funding that is unique.

Compare what they do to the endless quizzes, reality shows and cooking programmes on terrestrial commercial TV and the dross that is commercial radio then I think it puts it into context.

What I don't believe though is that it's un-bias and as an organisation it seems to be one of the biggest boys clubs and old school tie networks in existence.

The downside is that they seem to make stupid strategic decisions and cutting broadcasters that are popular with the listeners on this occasion is one of those gaffs IMHO. After years of getting it right with hosts across TV & radio they seem to have lost sight that the presenter often makes the show.

You probably don't watch much BBC but there are plenty of quiz shows on there.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
arryarryarry
April 26, 2023, 11:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

IF he existed. Which he didn’t.

Of course there was a Jesus, bumped into him a few times at away games.

A loyal Town fan
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
aldi_01
April 27, 2023, 7:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I suspect this is the beginning of the end for local radio as we know it. However, I’ve not listened to Humberside for well over 5 years and I’d imagine there’s many the same so whilst folk aren’t happy, that will undoubtedly help them arrive at their decisions.

I can’t be arsed to get in to the political guff, especially when it involves people slagging off presenters for doing exactly what the political persuasion they follow encourages 🙈 I mean Linekar isn’t the reason the BBC is shite, ya know that alleged ‘woke’, left wing beret wearing group, the BBC, who’s three highest roles are all taken up by massive Tory whoppers…

Burnsy has gone and he won’t be the last. He took plenty of stick from town but he also used to put the knife in when necessary.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 79
Maringer
April 27, 2023, 8:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not even similar, most if not all pensioners will have paid their dues via National Insurance Contributions where as Lineker has contributed intercourse all apart from spouting crap about football matches.

You appear to have missed my post (number 32 in this thread) which pointed out that NIC is actually just a second income tax by another name. One which benefits the wealthy more than a higher rate of tax would, oddly enough. Strange that, isn't it. It's almost as though it is planned that way! NIC DOESN'T fund the state pension.

The government spends the money for state pensions into existence (and NIC destroys some of that money on the flip side).

Pensions and nurses wages comes from the same pot (government expenditure) in the same way that Lineker's salary and local radio expenditure does (BBC funding). You can't make one argument and claim it doesn't hold true for both cases.

You can see why the Tories aren't even attempting to govern properly any longer but are just intent on stoking a culture war. Unfortunately, it seems to work for people who aren't paying attention. If only the BBC was able to do it's job properly and inform! The Tories have made sure that won't happen with their appointments since 2010.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
chaos33
April 27, 2023, 11:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Absolutely correct. And yet they gaslight the suggestible with the notion that the BBC is biased or left leaning. Christ, it daren’t even call out the truth about Brexit.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.