Reply: 10 - 51
toontown
April 18, 2023, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,266
Gold Stars: 70
I would say he's been completely anonymous in games, doesn't really seem to do anything, they just pass him by. Entirely underwhelming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
Chrisblor
April 18, 2023, 10:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 243
Quoted from Heisenberg

He is just a kid though. Could turn out great given time, who knows….

Oh absolutely, but he's not our player and if he's not having an impact in league two games at present then worrying about his future development isn't our problem! Would much rather see our own young players given an opportunity in the last few games of the season.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
immariner
April 18, 2023, 10:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
If he was our 18 year old player I'd be excited to see how he progresses as he definitely has some technical ability, just hasn't quite got to grips with it when he's played. Looked promising in his first game but a couple of substitute appearances against Northampton and Sutton where nothing seemed to go right for him, although he was getting involved. Cack against Carlisle but then every player was. Did alright tonight I thought when he came on but the ball was mostly up our end as we defended a rare home lead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
TAGG
April 18, 2023, 10:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Not been given much game time but been dross the last couple of appearance including tonight.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
Maringer
April 18, 2023, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,711
Gold Stars: 189
He was OK tonight. Retained possession reasonably well when it came to him and didn't do much wrong. The previous occasions I've seen him play, he's not done anything right at all, so that's an improvement.

Much too early for him for men's football at the moment, but give him a year or two and he might turn out OK.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
chaos33
April 18, 2023, 11:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Get the sense that he’s a better player than he’s shown in his limited opportunities. When selected, hasnt done enough to secure his selection for the next game but wouldn’t be surprised to see him flourish at Champ level over the next 2/3 years. Thanks for lending him to us and all the best to PNE.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
davmariner
April 18, 2023, 11:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,986
Gold Stars: 79
Don’t rate him at all and has shown nothing since he’s been here.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
lukeo
April 19, 2023, 4:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
If you offered him for free at the end of the season I personally wouldn't want him. I've probably seen 1 good performance from him, admittedly his game time is limited but there is a reason for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
HertsGTFC
April 19, 2023, 6:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,077
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Yan89
Alright ladies and gents,

Preston fan here - hope this is OK to post, but if not feel free to remove.

Been checking here during/after most games since Mikey joined, and it’s seemed unanimously negative where the lad’s been concerned - seen a few posts suggesting he’s not ready for men’s football, and he’s a bit lightweight. Was wondering if that opinion is based on odd key moments in games, or whether it’s been a constant whenever he’s played?

He’s been really strong in our academy for a good 18 months and has played 4 or 5 games for our senior side - mainly off the bench late on in games - but hasn’t been given a real chance as yet so I’m interested to see how he’s got on with you. I did notice he didn’t make the bench a few games in a row.

Anyway - all the best for the rest of the season, and here’s hoping next season is a successful one

As you’ll see there’s a few experts on here who believe they can judge a player just starting out by a few cameos in an inconsistent L2 side still to find its own identity in terms of way of playing.

Hasn’t really made an impact but hasn’t been given much game time in reality, coming on as a sub doesn’t give any illustrations either.

What I would say is that he must have a decent attitude otherwise Hurst would have sent him back.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mikey O’Neill

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.