Limerick Mariner
August 7, 2022, 10:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,784
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Exactly so we are filling the stadium nomatter how many actually rock up on the day.

Yep. And maybe for say the Swindon game - most back from holiday, trains not so fecked up (hopefully) ST holders getting more used to releasing their seat if they cant use it - and more people looking for released seats, we might find that the attendance gets closer to tickets sold. I think tickets sold yesterday would have been circa 7,400/7,500 depending on whether the corporates in the Upper were not sold or no shows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 71
toontown
August 7, 2022, 11:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,266
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah don't know why people get their knickers in a  twist about people expressing concerns about capacity , it has obviously been reached and breached already and we're only 1 home game in. No home tickets available according to the system implemented to manage it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 71
grimps
August 8, 2022, 12:03am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from aldi_01

Let’s say, for arguments sake they suddenly increase the capacity at BP to 12k tomorrow, do you think there’ll be 12k at the next home game?

Put it this way if Lincoln can get crowds of 10000 while they’ve always been historically a worse supported club than us we can get 12000.
Our problem as we’ve all known for nearly 30 years is the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 71
Kris2
August 8, 2022, 12:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,635
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from toontown
Yeah don't know why people get their knickers in a  twist about people expressing concerns about capacity , it has obviously been reached and breached already and we're only 1 home game in. No home tickets available according to the system implemented to manage it.

First game of the season always gets a big crowd anyway. Let's see how many are still there in October before we decide on one game our ground can't hold everyone who wants to go every week.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 71
DB
August 8, 2022, 5:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.35
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
The problem when you look at the situation is that the tickets sold will never equal the attendance figure. Whether the ticket is an ST or bought the day before people may not attend for a host of reasons.

Therefore the attendance figure will always be less unless there is an unusual circumstance Prem Team in a cup etc. However, the good news is that the club receives revenue from the tickets sold; the bad news is that fans who don't have an ST may not be able to buy a ticket on the day.

This problem has only come to the surface this year and I am sure John, Andrew and Debbie will do their utmost to maximise the club's income from match days.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 71
male private Johnson
August 8, 2022, 6:31am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +170
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DB
This problem has only come to the surface this year and I am sure John, Andrew and Debbie will do their utmost to maximise the club's income from match days.

Jesus, he’s not back is he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 71
pen penfras
August 8, 2022, 7:52am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from aldi_01

If one wishes to complain about others having a different opinion or, in your case, one wishes to throw criticisms please attempt to use the correct grammar and punctuation.

It’ll certainly help the point.

are you aruslly using that as your reply. I lotwrelly can't read your posts in one go because of the poor spelling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 71
aldi_01
August 8, 2022, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

are you aruslly using that as your reply. I lotwrelly can't read your posts in one go because of the poor spelling

Not great with sarcasm I see…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 71
Jarmo.Is.God
August 8, 2022, 8:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I get it's easy to say 'poor from Northampton'
But i can't imagine i will get to many away games this year.

The cost of living is ridiculous, to the point me and my partner work full time with 2 kids, yet still having to cut back on certain things.
An away day for me and my son will be £30-£40 for tickets. Northampton round trip is approx £60. 2x meals £40, so all of a sudden, you're at £125-£150 to watch 90 minutes of football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 71
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 8, 2022, 9:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,096
Gold Stars: 196
Let’s be realistic about this.

We play in a stadium that is outdated but improvements are ongoing and the atmosphere on Saturday sounded incredible
We’ve spent almost 1/4 of a century ‘trying’ to move to a new ground
1878 have only had their feet under the table 18 months and are steadying a ship that was on par with the Mary Celeste
The benign one will soon be paid off
We don’t know what’s going on in the background

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendance Yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.