crusty ole pie
May 22, 2022, 4:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,389
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from ska face
The Main Stand isn’t doing bad for a stand that’s apparently failed it’s safety test every season for the past 25 years.

I can assure you the main stand has not failed any safety certificate and group who do the checks are quite impressed with the management of the stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
crusty ole pie
May 22, 2022, 4:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,389
Gold Stars: 66
I just wish that they would put some stain on the outside timbers it looks bloody awful when passing on the train
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
ska face
May 22, 2022, 4:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I can assure you the main stand has not failed any safety certificate and group who do the checks are quite impressed with the management of the stand

Yeah that’s my point.

The way people go on you’d think a stiff breeze would knock it down. It may not be the Horiyu-ji Temple, but just being made of wood doesn’t mean it’s knackered.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
moosey_club
May 22, 2022, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,326
Gold Stars: 229
The Main Stand was and is way ahead of its time, Forest Green want to build their entire new stadium of wood, where do you think they got that idea from ?
Wood is pretty much the most sustainable material on the planet.
The Main Stand , in parts, used recycled timber from the previous ground, again recycling years ahead of anyone.

It should be celebrated as the innovative structure it is, not just ripped down.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
GrimPol
May 22, 2022, 5:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from crusty ole pie

But the wooden stand would make the insurance very high surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
arryarryarry
May 22, 2022, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from moosey_club
The Main Stand was and is way ahead of its time, Forest Green want to build their entire new stadium of wood, where do you think they got that idea from ?
Wood is pretty much the most sustainable material on the planet.
The Main Stand , in parts, used recycled timber from the previous ground, again recycling years ahead of anyone.

It should be celebrated as the innovative structure it is, not just ripped down.

So was the main stand at Bradford, just saying.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
RonMariner
May 22, 2022, 6:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,866
Gold Stars: 231
When did having a good surface to play on ever get you three points on a Saturday……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
aldi_01
May 23, 2022, 6:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They’ve peddled a myth for years that the main stand won’t get its safety certificate, a myth probably perpetuated by the morons that used to be in charge to push their new ground agenda.

It’ll be fine, it’s wood, so what. Plenty of structures are wood. Using the Bradford fire as an example of why it’s dangerous doesn’t really prove anything. It was 1985, health and safety was very different, a discarded cigarette and a build up of rubbish was the cause, not the structure of the building being wooden. The pontoon is steel and concrete but could still go up in flames…

After the disastrous decision to furlough our groundsman, we did well to have a pitch that held up for the rest of last season. We sorted it out for this year but it seems that most clubs relay the pitch regularly and I guess when the one thing in your stadium that needs to be good isn’t, you change it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 23, 2022, 6:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,049
Gold Stars: 191
I notice that the majority of clubs use those massive lamps now with many used from seized drugs operations

http://radiojamaicanewsonline.com/sports/from-ganja-farms-to-a-football-field

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
aldi_01
May 23, 2022, 6:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I notice that the majority of clubs use those massive lamps now with many used from seized drugs operations

http://radiojamaicanewsonline.com/sports/from-ganja-farms-to-a-football-field

Most of the drug operations locally are still working so unlikely for us. We’d have to buy new…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The new pitch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.