Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 92 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,749 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
December 1, 2021, 9:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,908
Gold Stars: 854
How many times have we been messed about for one reason or another this season?

Bromley - moved for TV & all ticket
Stockport - moved from Bank Hol to Tuesday night, all ticket
Halifax - capped at 1200, all ticket
Kidderminster - all ticket, capped at 1000
Woking - all ticket
Solihull - all ticket, announced about a day before KO.
Aldershot - think this one was all ticket, then letting people in on the gate
Wealdstone - sure this was all ticket, could be wrong, capped at 800
Altrincham - initial 1000 allocation, then opened up to sales on the gate 24 hours before
Southend - moved to Friday night
Chesterfield pre season - capped at 500, moved to 1pm, all ticket on police request
Dagenham - all ticket, announced about 5 days before KO

Going to be looking at something similar for Notts County, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Kings Lynn and Barnet too.

Think there’s only Torquay that hasn’t been a ballache to some degree. Is it any wonder fans are getting sick and tired of it when it’s nearly every single week? Some of the small clubs, yeah fair enough, but not grounds where you can get 7, 10, 15k in. It’s a joke.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 209
MarinerWY
December 1, 2021, 9:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from ska face

Stockport - moved by police, all ticket
Woking - all ticket
Altrincham - initial 1000 allocation, then opened up to sales on the gate 24 hours before

Going to be looking at something similar for Notts County, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Kings Lynn and Barnet too.

Think there’s only Torquay that hasn’t been a ballache to some degree. Is it any wonder fans are getting sick and tired of it when it’s nearly every single week? Some of the small clubs, yeah fair enough, but not grounds where you can get 7, 10, 15k in. It’s a joke.

This doesn't detract at all from your well-evidenced point, but just to be a pedant, I'm sure the Stockport game was moved by Stockport themselves alongside BT Sport because Stockport's previous game had been moved a few hours later to be shown on TV, and Stockport invoked the leagues' rules of '48 hours' between games to move it from Bank Holiday Monday to the Tuesday evening that week.

Private Message
Reply: 81 - 209
MarinerWY
December 1, 2021, 9:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cod marriner
It’s a shame many fans are going to be forced into resorting to sit in the home end by the WYP ridiculous decision, lots of fans have been looking forward and planning making the trip over on Boxing Day for a while including myself.
Getting tickets isn’t going to be a problem as I’m sure many do have friends and family in the area to purchase them easy enough but it’s not the point is it, shame have to mess about like that..

This. I'm not sure the powers that be realise that asking for proof of address/ID is not going to stop lots of us getting tickets. And the vast majority of us will be in the home stand and be respectful, not take the urine etc - but obviously we'd much rather be in the away end with our fans & atmosphere.

It also doesn't just affect us: Halifax fans are really screwed over by this also. The punitive measures their club has put in place to try stop us getting tickets in the home end has meant Halifax supporters who live elsewhere (it's boxing day ffs, a time when people that have moved away from childhood town come back for a few days) will have to get to the ticket office before the 15th December to pick up tickets in person, they are limited to 4 tickets per person (a standard boxing day home match for us that'd be 1/3rd of our family that go to the game)

All this cos a bloody stupid decision by West Yorkshire Police to limit us to 1200 tickets in one of the largest grounds in the league.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 209
ska face
December 1, 2021, 9:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,908
Gold Stars: 854
Sorry, that’s right. Moved at a few weeks’ notice to a Tuesday night from bank holiday Monday at Stockport’s request.

The underlying issue is that fans are literally the last people considered in any decision making.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 209
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2021, 9:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Maybe this should be on the Fair Game agenda. There’s lots of talk about the importance of football to communities on their website. Fans are part of communities and THE WHOLE POINT in making football the important sport it is. Take the fans away and it’s no different from any other sport.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 209
chaos33
December 1, 2021, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,992
Gold Stars: 364
Quoted from ska face

Stockport - moved by police, all ticket
Woking - all ticket

Star post by a mile

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 209
Poojah
December 1, 2021, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,066
Gold Stars: 1,536
Quoted from ska face
Sorry, that’s right. Moved at a few weeks’ notice to a Tuesday night from bank holiday Monday at Stockport’s request.

The underlying issue is that fans are literally the last people considered in any decision making.

I might be speaking out of turn here in terms of what the truth really is, but the perception I've had is that the club has been quite subservient in many of these requests / decisions. That may well not be the case; but I've not seen much to suggest that we've fought kicking and screaming and / or will be doing everything in our power to prevent fans being unnecessarily or unreasonably inconvenienced in the future.

If last season taught us anything it's that football is nothing without fans. At a level where money is scarce for most clubs, more should be done to get more fans through the turnstiles, not keep them out. It's unfair and utterly counter intuitive.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 209
MarinerWY
December 1, 2021, 9:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I might be speaking out of turn here in terms of what the truth really is, but the perception I've had is that the club has been quite subservient in many of these requests / decisions. That may well not be the case; but I've not seen much to suggest that we've fought kicking and screaming and / or will be doing everything in our power to prevent fans being unnecessarily or unreasonably inconvenienced in the future.

If last season taught us anything it's that football is nothing without fans. At a level where money is scarce for most clubs, more should be done to get more fans through the turnstiles, not keep them out. It's unfair and utterly counter intuitive.

Out of good faith, I don't doubt the club have argued strongly for our case (I read as much that they'd really battled for Notts home game to stay at 3pm, and were successful), but I do think their statements could be stronger following this.

Why not say "we are extremely frustrated that during the festive period, where attending football matches is a tradition for so many families, that West Yorkshire Police have limited our tickets in one of the largest grounds in the league - therefore preventing many people from attending"

I mean, this is why I would never get the job, but I'd be tempted to add "whilst we appreciate it may be tempting for fans who were planning on attending, we strongly discourage you from attempting to get tickets in the home end" just for the lols 😉
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 209
Simon
December 1, 2021, 11:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Thought it was a burger van, that got turned over.

Police van was outside one of the pubs, burger van was at the ground if memory serves me right

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 209
arryarryarry
December 2, 2021, 12:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Simon
Cant remember the year late 80's early 90's Halifax V Grimsby we had more fans in the ground than the home supporters which was amazing to see, the atmosphere was unbelievable sadly i don't remember the result but I do remember two pubs getting wrecked, fans all covered in blood  and a police van being turned over now i appreciate it was a long time ago and football has changed a bit since those dark days but West Yorkshire Police will have a long memory

A dodgy copy, I am sure I have a better one on my highlights tape but wouldn't have a clue how to upload it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rplxBA8ij44&ab_channel=ChiffyMariner
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.