TheRealJohnLewis
October 24, 2021, 8:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from newarkmariner
more and more posts attacking town fans,last week it was a 5 page thread about a ten bob smoke bomb,todays is about a few fans gesticulating and threatening each other without anything actually happening,you do realise this stuff happens at every ground in every division when the fans are near each other,god help you if you ever went too a Glasgow derby,your poor innocent law abiding,forever offended hearts would be broken and you would need too find a quiet corner too have a cry in,
Its football ffs,screams for banning orders etc,get a grip its naughty at best,calling anyone in designer gear or who stand,go for a pint knuckledraggers is just pathetic and you need your head wobbling
and low and behold a thread about throwing the ball appears,forum is becoming more and more off a joke ,next time you go too a game ,if you go at all,ask other fans what they think off the fishy,its hated with a passion by most fans and i for one can see why.

red cross away

p.s. did the fishy manage too get the young smoke bomb lad the birch

Designer!! It's flipping Primark with a badge on it!

Just because it happens everywhere, doesn't mean it's acceptable

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 101
Fillipe Noche
October 24, 2021, 9:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from HertsGTFC
For years there have been pockets of bell ends in and around BP we have one in the first section of the upper near where we sit.

They walk in sit down on kick off, go to the bar after 38 mins and model the latest Stone Island jackets and baseball caps. They’ll be stood up in their seats next Saturday offering out the Notts County fans, booing the knee and shouting abuse in front of young kids…… “geezers”?….. “boys”? …… “lads”? No just throwbacks who belong in the 70s & 80s.

Spot on. I agree with this.

Sadly it’s a reflection on some elements of society. Sometimes angers me too. But often I chuckle and wonder what they would think of themselves if they watched their behaviours back on a video. But they probably wouldn’t care a jot

Imagine how their kids are going to grow up 😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 101
aldi_01
October 24, 2021, 9:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Designer!! It's flipping Primark with a badge on it!

Just because it happens everywhere, doesn't mean it's acceptable

You don’t really understand designer clothing do you? Have you ever read the book about massimo Osti…

I know plenty of blokes who choose to purchase expensive, high end clothing yet have never been involved in anything like this…

Is this the new thing? Nothing to moan about regarding the pitch/club so we’ll just pick on fans instead…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 101
HertsGTFC
October 24, 2021, 9:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,971
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from OneLove

pigeon holing at its finest you absolute wally, making presumptions about town fans that wear a costly brand and go for a pint just before half time. people like you boil me blood the type that belittle the hard earnt paying fan, if you have a problem with them say it to them there and then don't do it on here. And to add i know a lot of 'lads' who are sound as hell, wear the gear, applaud the knee, go for a pint before half time return carry on supporting the club like they have done thru thick and thin. never judge your own!

I did when me and my lad went to Notts County away a few seasons ago and a couple of supporters had to step in to stop 3 of them punching f**k out of my son as they couldn't reach me.  

If you read my post I described a particular "pocket" of support not everyone who wears designer clothing.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 101
OneLove
October 24, 2021, 9:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
couldn't agree more newark. paying money to people watch rather than watching the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 101
OneLove
October 24, 2021, 9:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
why was they trying to punch your son?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 101
HertsGTFC
October 24, 2021, 9:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from newarkmariner
more and more posts attacking town fans,last week it was a 5 page thread about a ten bob smoke bomb,todays is about a few fans gesticulating and threatening each other without anything actually happening,you do realise this stuff happens at every ground in every division when the fans are near each other,god help you if you ever went too a Glasgow derby,your poor innocent law abiding,forever offended hearts would be broken and you would need too find a quiet corner too have a cry in,
Its football ffs,screams for banning orders etc,get a grip its naughty at best,calling anyone in designer gear or who stand,go for a pint knuckledraggers is just pathetic and you need your head wobbling
and low and behold a thread about throwing the ball appears,forum is becoming more and more off a joke ,next time you go too a game ,if you go at all,ask other fans what they think off the fishy,its hated with a passion by most fans and i for one can see why.

red cross away

p.s. did the fishy manage too get the young smoke bomb lad the birch

Queens Park versus Partick Thistle? We all know the old firm "rivalry" is based upon decades of religious bigotry and from a distance looks nothing like a football thing.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 101
HertsGTFC
October 24, 2021, 9:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from OneLove
why was they trying to punch your son?

Basically there where 2 seats next to where we where sat (stood) and 4 lads trying to get in them 2 minutes after kick off, all my lad did was ask one of them to to not stand straight in front of him, nothing more. I'll paraphrase the response which was something round " we follow town away every week so we can do what we want" my lad doesn't go every week because of work but he's probably been to around 100 away games since he started coming with me in 2013.

To be fair I take your point about stereotyping but sometimes people's behaviour stereotypes themselves I guess rather than what they wear.  

Funnily enough we saw one of them the other week at a cash point, lets just say he wasn't that keen on making eye contact.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 101
buckstown
October 24, 2021, 9:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
I sort of understand the "have you nothing to moan about?" line of argument when discussing the behaviour of some fans because the numbers involved are minuscule
Thing is, for the first time in years we (well me)  are feeling proud of our club and proud of being town fans, things are looking good on and off the pitch. After 20 years of toe curling rubbish it feels like we might be turning a corner. 99.9% of our fans are ordinary, well behaved people and with all the positivity around at the moment the 0.01% stand out a bit more.
I could understand people being angry last season and maybe kicking off but  this year just join the party boys, don't tarnish the name of our club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 101
October 24, 2021, 11:17am
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

LJL thinks he's a striker

Boring!
Reply: 49 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To whom it may concern

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.