crusty ole pie
October 19, 2021, 5:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,358
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from pizzzza
While we're at it can we also have another annailation for Scunny away at Barrow

If so surely that would be coxes SWANsong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 19, 2021, 6:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +863
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from ska face
A draw, 3 reds and 5 broken legs apiece please Lord.

Have you been watching reruns of 'The Big Match'?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
lukeo
October 19, 2021, 6:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,385
Gold Stars: 149
Aldershot and Solihull to win, Chesterfield and Boreham Wood to draw would make the table look absolutely amazing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
toontown
October 19, 2021, 6:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,281
Gold Stars: 70
Deffo a draw would be the best result at the mo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
grimsby pete
October 19, 2021, 6:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I am not bothered what other teams do as long as we continue as we have started they can not catch us  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
GollyGTFC
October 20, 2021, 10:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,026
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from crusty ole pie
2nd v 3rd I suppose a draw is the best result for us but win for boreham  could open a gap between us and Chesterfield but keeps boreham on our tails and  a win for Chesterfield gives us a chance of going 4 clear
What everyone thinking ?

*4th v 2nd

Halifax Town are 3rd.

I think a Boreham Wood victory would best despite them being 2nd. Chesterfield are the real threat. They are the only one (apart from us) of the so called big clubs in this division who are doing well. Although a 0-0 draw at Dover & throwing away a 2-0 lead at home to Torquay aren't great results.

Also, does anyone who why the town is called "Borehamwood" but the club is "Boreham Wood"?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 28
Poojah
October 20, 2021, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,632
Gold Stars: 1,504
Quoted from GollyGTFC

*4th v 2nd

Halifax Town are 3rd.

I think a Boreham Wood victory would best despite them being 2nd. Chesterfield are the real threat. They are the only one (apart from us) of the so called big clubs in this division who are doing well. Although a 0-0 draw at Dover & throwing away a 2-0 lead at home to Torquay aren't great results.

Also, does anyone who why the town is called "Borehamwood" but the club is "Boreham Wood"?

Three of the last four sides promoted out of this division have been Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton United (albeit two of those did so with plastic pitches). I’m not sure it’s right or fair to exclude Boreham Wood from the list of contenders on the basis they are not one of bigger ex-league clubs.

As for their name, I’ve wondered that myself. From a quick Google, it seems the town has a somewhat confused history as to what its name actually is:

https://www.borehamwoodtimes.c.....-became-borehamwood/

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
pontoonlew
October 20, 2021, 10:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,066
Gold Stars: 178
Looking at the fixtures on Saturday we have a huge chance to set up a bit of a gap at the top, vital we capitalise on that this weekend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
Poojah
October 20, 2021, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,632
Gold Stars: 1,504
Quoted from pontoonlew
Looking at the fixtures on Saturday we have a huge chance to set up a bit of a gap at the top, vital we capitalise on that this weekend

We absolutely do. Copied the below from something I posted previously in another thread, but there is a very distinct line in the sand bang in the middle of our next 10 games.

Speaking of which, the next 10 in the league look really interesting - two very distinctive groups of 5 games.

The first 5, on paper and on current form, look quite favourable. Certainly as it stands I’d expect us to go into each of these as comfortable favourites, with only County in the top half and currently not in great form.

Yeovil (h) - 15th
Wealdstone (a) - 16th
Notts County (h) - 9th
Aldershot (a) - 22nd
Southend (h) - 20th

Average position - 16.4. If we’re serious, we want to be taking a minimum 11 points from that run of games. And we need to, considering what the following 5 look like.

Solihull (a) - 7th
Boreham Wood (h) - 2nd
Dagenham (a) - 6th
Chesterfield (h) - 4th
Halifax (a) - 3rd

Average position - 4.4. That’s as difficult a run of games as we’re likely to face all season. Given that, I think the preceding 5 are going to be really important in giving us some room to breathe and to take the pressure off a bit.

That takes us all the way up to Boxing Day, by which our prospects this season should look a whole lot clearer. Interesting, and exciting, few weeks ahead.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Zmariner
October 20, 2021, 11:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Anything other than a Chesterfield win. My gut feeling is that Chesterfield are a real danger the season as they have such firepower. They went away at Southend, the ease of their cup win shows the score goals for fun
I think I was in Chesterfield will be one and two but I’m not sure about the order. Notts County and Wrexham will inevitably come good but they have done some damage already utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield v boreham wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.