Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromsgrove Sporting (A)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 135 Guests

Bromsgrove Sporting (A)

This thread currently has 26,897 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
October 12, 2021, 6:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from acko338
Has this been asked?

FA Cup - is it any 3 from 7 subs, not 5 subs,  named in this competition?

If so, choices available if things don't go to plan for any changes in team selection.

3 from 7
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 182
Poojah
October 12, 2021, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,050
Gold Stars: 1,535
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

This is not beyond the bounds of possibility - it makes you realise what a strong squad PH & Deputy Dawg have put together.

It's certainly the most capable looking squad we've had for some time, with no obvious weak spots, however they're only a couple of divisions below us, it will be both their biggest game and biggest crowd in many years and ultimately I expect Hurst to show them more respect than to put a completely new side out.

I would expect those players who have been consistently on the bench in recent weeks, plus the returning Efete to come in. That would mean starts for Efete, Pearson, Coke, LJL and Wright, with Sears, Waterfall, any of the three midfielders, Taylor and Sousa sitting out.

The biggest headscratcher of this squad for me is what you do if McAtee doesn't start; we've tried it once and it didn't really work. The likes of Taylor and LJL, and then Sousa, Bapaga and Wright are relatively interchangeable, but there's no like-for-like replacement for McAtee as he's such a wildcard. That's more a strength of the squad than a weakness as we're lucky to have him in the first place, but it's something we need to find an answer to nonetheless.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 182
October 12, 2021, 7:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

It's certainly the most capable looking squad we've had for some time, with no obvious weak spots, however they're only a couple of divisions below us, it will be both their biggest game and biggest crowd in many years and ultimately I expect Hurst to show them more respect than to put a completely new side out.

I would expect those players who have been consistently on the bench in recent weeks, plus the returning Efete to come in. That would mean starts for Efete, Pearson, Coke, LJL and Wright, with Sears, Waterfall, any of the three midfielders, Taylor and Sousa sitting out.

The biggest headscratcher of this squad for me is what you do if McAtee doesn't start; we've tried it once and it didn't really work. The likes of Taylor and LJL, and then Sousa, Bapaga and Wright are relatively interchangeable, but there's no like-for-like replacement for McAtee as he's such a wildcard. That's more a strength of the squad than a weakness as we're lucky to have him in the first place, but it's something we need to find an answer to nonetheless.

I mentally chose the same starters as you, but I wanted to give McAtee (& Taylor and Waterfall) a bench seat from which they would hopefully not be needed.
Also assumed the loanees will be unavailable.

So I had the same dilemma, and could see Ben Fox filling in. Aggressive, covers the pitch well, can spot a pass, fancies a shot...so there are some similarities imo.

I'm happy with whatever PH goes with, though. He's earned that respect for me.

Reply: 92 - 182
marinerjase
October 12, 2021, 7:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 156
Bromsgrove conceded in the first minute tonight

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 182
ginnywings
October 12, 2021, 7:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I want to see a fairly strong side and leave big changes for the FA Trophy. It's a chance to progress in the competition and draw bigger sides down the line, with the revenue that brings. We haven't got any midweek games, so I can't see the point of wholesale changes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 182
October 12, 2021, 8:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
I want to see a fairly strong side and leave big changes for the FA Trophy. It's a chance to progress in the competition and draw bigger sides down the line, with the revenue that brings. We haven't got any midweek games, so I can't see the point of wholesale changes.

Given the buzz around BP, and the ability of the players who aren't in the first XI, there must be players thirsting for a game.

PH has to manage this...and I trust him to do so.
Reply: 95 - 182
acko338
October 12, 2021, 8:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
1-1 now at Bromsgrove.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 182
acko338
October 12, 2021, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Bromsgrove 1    Banbury 2

42 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 182
Mariner Timsky
October 12, 2021, 8:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 5
Anyone know how many we’ve sold out of the 1,000 we have been given??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 182
Darran
October 12, 2021, 8:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +11
I’d like to know how many you’ve sold too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 182
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromsgrove Sporting (A)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.