Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 122 Guests

Omar Bogle (again)

This thread currently has 67,798 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
September 8, 2021, 11:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,564
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from male private Nale

Bogle on £1200 a week at donny ?? I am struggling to believe that one, considering we were paying £2k a week to the likes of Matt Green in league two. He must be the lowest paid No.9 in league one.

Word on the street is his salary at Donny is between £5.5 and £7.5k a week...if he was £1200 I don't think he'd be sat on his ar£e diibg nothing if teams had come for him. ..or maybe he's quite happy topping the back account whilst training with the academy, who knows what's going on on his head .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 346
acko338
September 8, 2021, 12:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
There are only 2 people who can put this thread to bed - Omar Bogle and Paul Hurst.

All the arguments have been made for both sides.

Can he, will he ?

Could we, should we?

Let's stop slagging or praising Bogle and see how things develop or not !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 346
KingstonMariner
September 8, 2021, 12:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Poojah
Well, while we’re waiting for something (or nothing) to happen, here’s some unrelated GTFC loan news to pass the time. Scunny have sent youngster Fin Shrimpton on loan to Grantham Town - can you imagine the pun-fest that would ensue should he ever end up here?

https://mobile.twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1435310936332640262

Surely one for Sarfend?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 346
Mikey_345
September 8, 2021, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,667
Gold Stars: 114
Does anybody actually know that his heart isn’t in football anymore. Or have we just heard one or two people say that and it’s suddenly become fact…..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 346
Poojah
September 8, 2021, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,051
Gold Stars: 1,535
Quoted from Mikey_345
Does anybody actually know that his heart isn’t in football anymore. Or have we just heard one or two people say that and it’s suddenly become fact…..

He said he liked music in an interview over a year ago. That’s enough evidence for me.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 346
pizzzza
September 8, 2021, 1:04pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mikey_345

That's how it usually works...
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 346
barrattstandman
September 8, 2021, 1:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Poojah

He said he liked music in an interview over a year ago. That’s enough evidence for me.

So does many of the Town squad !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 346
pizzzza
September 8, 2021, 1:06pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137

Here's your coat......I've called a taxi.....

Are you chatting me up?  
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 346
toontown
September 8, 2021, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Poojah

I think there are some reasonable arguments that have been made against Bogle, but I'm not sure they stack up under scrutiny. Certainly, if given the choice between a 28 year old Bogle (he's not 29 by the way) and the up and coming Bogle / Hearn of the next generation, then I'd probably be inclined to choose the latter, potentially hungrier option. If we were ever to have Bogle back on a permanent basis at some point in the future, then the chance of any future resale value would be slim at best.

But that assumes there's some kind of binary option at play. In my opinion, if 'the next Bogle' was out there, had been identified and was available within our means then we've had already done it by now. Hurst has a good track record of brining players up from the regional leagues, the trouble being at this moment in time they've hardly played in the last couple of years due to Covid. Both Bogle and Hearn arrived having been consistently prolific in the Conference North over the course of the previous year or two - there just isn't the data from that level to go and easily find a player of a similar ilk.

I'd distance this from the usual Podge-fest that comes up every transfer window (and to a lesser degree, the usual Bogle-fest). This is different. Here are the facts:
  • Our squad is calling out for a number 9; someone physical and direct who can score goals at this level
  • In terms of playing style and record at this level, the level below and the level above, Bogle 100% ticks that box
  • Hurst has said publicly, that having seemingly exhausted our options during the window, that we would be looking at players made available for loan after it has ended.
  • He also said that this is precisely the scenario under which he brought Conor Townsend back to the club in 2015
  • Bogle is available and is currently playing for a club 50 miles down the M180
  • Realistically, he can only sign for a club in this division due to the closing of the transfer window, and most of our rivals already appear to have done their business up top

The whole thing just makes a lot of sense on a number of levels. I actually think the whole thing would be given a lot more credence if perhaps Bogle had achieved what he did for us at another club - those endless "let's get player X back at BP" posts can get a bit boring over time, but this one does seem genuinely different in terms of the way the stars at least appear to have aligned.

That said, there could of course be reasons why this might be a complete non-starter. Perhaps Omar's given up on football. Perhaps he can't handle a return to non-league, or can't face the idea of a full-circle return to Blundell Park as it would just rubber stamp the fact that he's failed in his time since leaving. All of those things would be understandable, but I can understand why it's a topic of conversation.

Irrespective of current form (albeit at a much higher level than this) I'd welcome the lad back with open arms. If, and I'm making assumptions here, he's lost his mojo and needs a spark to reignite the fire, where better to do it at this moment in time than Blundell Park, and who better to do it with than the man under whom he played the best football of his life in Paul Hurst?

Was is best football under Bignot rather than Hurst just to be pedantic? Not sure who he scored or played more for during that last half a season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 346
TownSNAFU5
September 8, 2021, 1:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
We should be casting our net wider than Shrimpton.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 346
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.