Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More police corruption then.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

More police corruption then.

This thread currently has 3,832 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
June 26, 2021, 9:49am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rick12

Kingston Iam sad and surprised  you think like that. Your going around in circles. You need to realise that situations in life sometimes push us in directions we don't want to go. Without going into specifics as noted  I have suffered from acute problems which changed my trajectory. I've already told you this. I don't want to air my life history on a open forum.  Even talking to people face to face I can't reveal everything as things hurt to much. Likewise I've realised you can't trust noone in life fully as none is pure.

As for the research  the information came from a book from  the crime section in  the university library in case your wondering. Iam not Einstein and can't remember every specific bit of research I cited as part of my degree of which there were many ( 18 modules and well over 100 references which includes books and journals).

I’m not going round in circles! Show me where I am going round in circles.

If I was going to refer to some hypothesis that I believed in, and had strong opinions on, and use the fact I read it in a book once as back-up to my claims, I’d be at least able to remember the name. You’ve got a degree. You’re an intelligent person. It’s 37 years since I graduated and if I want to make a point about something that I strongly feel is true, I’d be able to remember where I read it. Crikey, these days there’s this thing which helps you find out information using a world wide network of computers. Comes in handy when there’s stuff I’m trying to recollect.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
Rick12
June 26, 2021, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If I was going to refer to some hypothesis that I believed in, and had strong opinions on, and use the fact I read it in a book once as back-up to my claims, I’d be at least able to remember the name. You’ve got a degree. You’re an intelligent person. It’s 37 years since I graduated and if I want to make a point about something that I strongly feel is true, I’d be able to remember where I read it. Crikey, these days there’s this thing which helps you find out information using a world wide network of computers. Comes in handy when there’s stuff I’m trying to recollect.
I've already tried to locate the book using the library's online catalogue but it's not there. Bear in mind that universitys regularly update their stock.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
DB
June 29, 2021, 6:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.37
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from DB

I have been a supporter of the police in the past but my support has been eroded for many reasons. So to that end I would amend your above idiom to 'there are a few good apples but the rest are rotten'.

These two BBC ( not sure how much is truth/fiction) sum my disillusionment with the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57615346

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57634857

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
Rick12
June 29, 2021, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from DB

These two BBC ( not sure how much is truth/fiction) sum my disillusionment with the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57615346

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57634857
Thats sad to see DB but wish the media could pick out some of the good stories as well. I was told recently that to get into the police you now need a degree which can be seen as both a good and bad thing. Some people are not naturally academic and have  other innate skills eg the ability to deal with people  .Likewise doing a degree is quite challenging especially more so if your working at the same time .

What I would say is earlier you made a valid point .Some only go into it for the money and pension whilst others do it because they want to make a genuine difference. Its hard though to get the right people in as some of the stuff they have to deal with is horrible. From what I have been told this includes dealing with hangings and trying to resuscitate people who have just  taken their lives, people threating to throw poo at them to name but a few. Added to that  the shift and nights they do . Tough job indeed and I wouldnt like to do it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
DB
June 29, 2021, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.37
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Rick12
Thats sad to see DB but wish the media could pick out some of the good stories as well. I was told recently that to get into the police you now need a degree which can be seen as both a good and bad thing. Some people are not naturally academic and have  other innate skills eg the ability to deal with people  .Likewise doing a degree is quite challenging especially more so if your working at the same time .

What I would say is earlier you made a valid point .Some only go into it for the money and pension whilst others do it because they want to make a genuine difference. Its hard though to get the right people in as some of the stuff they have to deal with is horrible. From what I have been told this includes dealing with hangings and trying to resuscitate people who have just  taken their lives, people threating to throw poo at them to name but a few. Added to that  the shift and nights they do . Tough job indeed and I wouldnt like to do it.

I agree with many things you say. But the police had total respect from the community, FULL STOP. Over the decades, many, career police moved into the police force to what we have now. Fully armed coppers charging around like the cavalry to deal with a knife suspect.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
KingstonMariner
July 17, 2021, 6:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Perverts abusing their power

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk.....ssed-student-in-raid

No stress or threat to them so no excuse.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › More police corruption then.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.