mariner91
May 8, 2021, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod
Hurst is one lucky barsteward! He drops onto the list of last chance saloon managers, looking for that one last chance of some success before joining the likes of Russel Slade and Alan Knill, and then gets another break by his sentimental old club desperate to avoid relegation.

He then not only totally fails his main objective (but hey we’re playing better football) to avoid relegation but he also manages to have the club confirmed as the worst in the football league by finishing rock bottom.

It’s then confirmed by our new owners he will remain in charge and be given one of the best budgets in the league, and yet some still think he should still be in charge if we’re not in the top 6 by Xmas!!
And hears me waiting for him to apologise to the fans but remembering how arrogant he was I won’t hold my breath.

Snowflake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 119
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2021, 6:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mariner91

Snowflake.

👏👏👏👏👏

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 119
Hagrid
May 8, 2021, 7:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Humbercod
Hurst is one lucky barsteward! He drops onto the list of last chance saloon managers, looking for that one last chance of some success before joining the likes of Russel Slade and Alan Knill, and then gets another break by his sentimental old club desperate to avoid relegation.

He then not only totally fails his main objective (but hey we’re playing better football) to avoid relegation but he also manages to have the club confirmed as the worst in the football league by finishing rock bottom.

It’s then confirmed by our new owners he will remain in charge and be given one of the best budgets in the league, and yet some still think he should still be in charge if we’re not in the top 6 by Xmas!!
And hears me waiting for him to apologise to the fans but remembering how arrogant he was I won’t hold my breath.

For what? What does he have to apologise to YOU for. Get over yourself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 119
Kris2
May 8, 2021, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Hagrid

Some fans of the club still have a chip on their shoulder it seems from Hurst speaking his mind and calling fans out for a sense of entitlement. Honestly would rather that than have people like Holloway and Jolley who just blow smoke and tell fans how great they are without ever having an honest opinion on anything.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 119
Humbercod
May 8, 2021, 7:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Hagrid

I didn’t mention me!
I know you’re a big fan Hagrid but I’m not and as a paying customer I’m entitled to offer criticism for poor service.

Hurst as a football manager is like having a plumber round to install a new boiler, he does a cracking job, lovely installation neat and tidy only problem the hot water and heating is not working, but hey he did a good job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 119
Ashby mariner
May 8, 2021, 7:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
To all the posters getting on Paul Hurst back already or demanding a instant return just remind me how many managers we've had since Paul that  was last here that have been a success? Also remember where we was in the table in league 2 when he left us  to go to Shrewsbury. I'd rather be patient and build a team with the togetherness and a bond like  the promotion side had instead of getting on  his back already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 119
Grimal
May 8, 2021, 8:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Humbercod

I didn’t mention me!
I know you’re a big fan Hagrid but I’m not and as a paying customer I’m entitled to offer criticism for poor service.

Hurst as a football manager is like having a plumber round to install a new boiler, he does a cracking job, lovely installation neat and tidy only problem the hot water and heating is not working, but hey he did a good job.

It's not the plumbers fault if he is given a low budget to supply a boiler and then it malfunctions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 119
Humbercod
May 8, 2021, 8:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Grimal

It's not the plumbers fault if he is given a low budget to supply a boiler and then it malfunctions.

The house next door used R Kelly plumbing and heating to get a new boiler installed, with an even lower budget and there’s is working just fine.😃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 119
psgmariner
May 8, 2021, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
As everyone said when he’s appointed, don’t judge hurst till the end of the season.

Private Message
Reply: 118 - 119
fishcake63
May 9, 2021, 7:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from psgmariner
As everyone said when he’s appointed, don’t judge hurst till the end of the season.

THIS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 119
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cambridge Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.