Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 82 Guests

Mariners trust..

This thread currently has 12,304 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
October 23, 2021, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano

think that's untrue Ipswin - pretty sure he said in his pre match interview that Covid would not be used as an excuse, as we should have a strong enough squad to cope with a couple of players missing

I think it all depends on which first choice players are missing and if the replacements drop any almighty balderdash or not, hopefully we will continue this run and he won't need excuses of any sort

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 108
Ipswin
October 23, 2021, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Maybe a minute…there is a search function on this forum. And yes continue to throw it in the face - it’s taken 10 weeks to add thousands of fans to a level we didn’t even get last time in the championship. Something must have been holding this club back…

Maybe so but I don't think it was the poster of the message in May FFS and I fail to see the point in proving him wrong now and continuing to throw it in his face. Also search function or not you must have had his negative post filed away somewhere so that you could search for it.

The man my be a pillock and clearly the target for many on here but he's right in one respect - we ain't going to get 'full houses' when the unbeaten run ends (unless we are going to do an Arsenal of course)

Private Message
Reply: 101 - 108
Swansea_Mariner
October 23, 2021, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,465
Gold Stars: 63
But we did have some long winning runsast time we were in the conference and attendances were never like this so this is clearly something a bit different from last time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 108
Ipswin
October 23, 2021, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
But we did have some long winning runsast time we were in the conference and attendances were never like this so this is clearly something a bit different from last time.

I don't doubt it, I just don't see the point in sticking it up the daft sod every 5 minutes, everyone knows except him already

Private Message
Reply: 103 - 108
Limerick Mariner
October 23, 2021, 11:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,706
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Ipswin

Maybe so but I don't think it was the poster of the message in May FFS and I fail to see the point in proving him wrong now and continuing to throw it in his face. Also search function or not you must have had his negative post filed away somewhere so that you could search for it.

The man my be a pillock and clearly the target for many on here but he's right in one respect - we ain't going to get 'full houses' when the unbeaten run ends (unless we are going to do an Arsenal of course)

Filed in the head yes. Many on here have referred to it - it felt like an insult to the 143 year history of the club, did to me anyway. An excuse for the train wreck that 1878 inherited and the club’s diminished standing in the community. Implying the club was run down because the people that of NE Lincs and the large diaspora weren’t that fussed about it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 108
1mickylyons
October 23, 2021, 11:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Swin being an exile relies largely on this board for his information so do most other exiles. Those of us living in and around Grimsby can only point you back to when we got Ivano in . I have been going since 79/80 season and the buzz around the town and football club is on a par with anything seen since that time. Tomorrow sees arguably the biggest game in World football and I’ve not heard or seen it mentioned all week . The thousands of Sky Tv armchair fans of these two clubs in particular have set down the remote and they’re all heading to BP. We are in the 5th tier of English football and we’re pulling in more home supporters than we got in the championship . Yes the winning team helps but it’s much much more than this .You go in the ticket office or shop and you genuinely feel welcome rather than an inconvenience . I hope as a long time fan Swin and others get to experience what’s going on here because it’s proper magic and it’s great that the biggest moan now is lack of seats for home supporters. If Lord Fenty was in charge I very much doubt today’s crowd would have topped 4000 so yes extra thousands have turned up . The fact they’ve now turned up 4 home games on the trot is the telling factor and Notts will make it 5 .UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 108
lukeo
October 23, 2021, 1:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,385
Gold Stars: 149
How do you mute certain posters. Jeeze.

UTM enjoy the game tooday everyone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 108
TwoLeftFeet
October 23, 2021, 1:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,084
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Swin being an exile relies largely on this board for his information so do most other exiles. Those of us living in and around Grimsby can only point you back to when we got Ivano in . I have been going since 79/80 season and the buzz around the town and football club is on a par with anything seen since that time. Tomorrow sees arguably the biggest game in World football and I’ve not heard or seen it mentioned all week . The thousands of Sky Tv armchair fans of these two clubs in particular have set down the remote and they’re all heading to BP. We are in the 5th tier of English football and we’re pulling in more home supporters than we got in the championship . Yes the winning team helps but it’s much much more than this .You go in the ticket office or shop and you genuinely feel welcome rather than an inconvenience . I hope as a long time fan Swin and others get to experience what’s going on here because it’s proper magic and it’s great that the biggest moan now is lack of seats for home supporters. If Lord Fenty was in charge I very much doubt today’s crowd would have topped 4000 so yes extra thousands have turned up . The fact they’ve now turned up 4 home games on the trot is the telling factor and Notts will make it 5 .UTM

Think after his antics last season with his mate Alex May or whatever he is called this week we would be lucky to have got 1500 through the gate..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 108
aldi_01
October 23, 2021, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Think after his antics last season with his mate Alex May or whatever he is called this week we would be lucky to have got 1500 through the gate..

I think if Fenty had a managed to bring May in and hollowhead was still here we’d be clinging on to the club for dear life, let alone worrying about 1500 folk in the ground…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.