Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 68 Guests

The inquest......so what went wrong?

This thread currently has 23,063 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
April 20, 2021, 10:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

You are entitled to put your opinions on here like anybody else. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the others don't appear to agree with you. Have you ever wondered why!

Disagree all they want. I’m comfortable with that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I do not begrudge anyone having an opinion

But being rude, foul and offensive is not acceptable. There is no need to resort to that sort of behaviour or action
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 160
Hagrid
April 20, 2021, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Disagree all they want. I’m comfortable with that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I do not begrudge anyone having an opinion

But being rude, foul and offensive is not acceptable. There is no need to resort to that sort of behaviour or action

Yes there is. My club has been relegated to non league football again

Because of you, and your pathetic little friend John Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 160
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 16
Nosher is a troll. And not a very good one. He gets off on it. All this ‘Dear all’ nonsense, and anguished hurt at ‘foul insults’ from people not agreeing with him. It’s all desperate self-aggrandising crap from an inadequate and lonely man. Ignore him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 160
DB
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.35
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391

Men will be men

and

boys will be ???????

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 160
MuddyWaters
April 20, 2021, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Dear All,

The original poster on this thread asked for views and opinions. I contributed with my opinion.

Following my post of my opinion, certain individuals felt it necessary to become highly rude and offensive, writing insults of a foul nature. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE & IS, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IS CONTRARY TO THE RULES IF THIS FORUM. But I am sure that moderators and admins will confirm this.

I would also point out that in the case of Hagrid, that apologising in advance of being rude and offensive, and then going on to still be rude and offensive, does not in any way make such offensive and insulting behaviour acceptable. On the contrary, if you apologise in advance of such behaviour, it actually makes the said behaviour even worse.

I hope that admin will deal with this type of behaviour appropriately

Felipe

In case you have missed it, John Fenty has overseen two relegations to non league and has spunked away the positivity post Wembley 2016. His ice bucket challenge, the flag snapping, chucking juice over a manager and Willy wagging chairing around Dean Court are only small but significant symptoms of his tenure.

Quite simply, John Fenty has dragged Grimsby Town from a heritage to be proud of to being a football laughing stock. The positive is that things can only get better. They certainly can’t get worse.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 160
RonMariner
April 20, 2021, 10:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,878
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from MuddyWaters

In case you have missed it, John Fenty has overseen two relegations to non league and has spunked away the positivity post Wembley 2016. His ice bucket challenge, the flag snapping, chucking juice over a manager and Willy wagging chairing around Dean Court are only small but significant symptoms of his tenure.

Quite simply, John Fenty has dragged Grimsby Town from a heritage to be proud of to being a football laughing stock. The positive is that things can only get better. They certainly can’t get worse.

Let’s not forget the setting up of a company with a convicted fraudster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 160
Bigdog
April 20, 2021, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Dear All,

The original poster on this thread asked for views and opinions. I contributed with my opinion.

Following my post of my opinion, certain individuals felt it necessary to become highly rude and offensive, writing insults of a foul nature. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE & IS, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IS CONTRARY TO THE RULES IF THIS FORUM. But I am sure that moderators and admins will confirm this.

I would also point out that in the case of Hagrid, that apologising in advance of being rude and offensive, and then going on to still be rude and offensive, does not in any way make such offensive and insulting behaviour acceptable. On the contrary, if you apologise in advance of such behaviour, it actually makes the said behaviour even worse.

I hope that admin will deal with this type of behaviour appropriately

Felipe

Give it a rest Felipe. You write well, but it's all passive aggressive nonsense followed by your usual outrage and victimhood. If you dish it out, be prepared to take it. You don't have the moral high ground here, you've written far worse than Hagrid. Good luck with the admins you muppet..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 160
RonMariner
April 20, 2021, 10:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,878
Gold Stars: 232
Thanks to Fenty we have all endured a friggin nightmare for years and years.

Can’t wait to see the back of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 160
Fillipe Noche
April 20, 2021, 10:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Zmariner

This is not a one season relegation ,

I’m sorry but it is.

We have not been relegated prior to this season, following our return to the EFL.

We haven’t been promoted either, but we certainly haven’t been relegated, and our club has operated on what has been far from being the 24th worst budget in EFL2. So managers have been financially supported in a manner that would not suggest a relegation was on the cards.

The managers have chosen how to utilise that budget. In this instance, our budget was largely spent by Ian Holloway, with his approach and policies for the season.

Ian Holloway is to blame for spending the majority of the budget on a team void of quality and experience, and for miss-managing the entire Covid situation.

It very definitely has been a one season relegation

People can have opinions of the historyonics of things prior to that, and that’s okay. But it doesn’t change the fact that, even though we don’t have the biggest budget in terms of promotion chasing, neither are we anywhere near the 24th worst budget. Our manager was supported financially and Holloway messed up massively

That’s my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 160
Bristol Mariner
April 20, 2021, 10:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
We are talking about a relegation in one season here. Nothing whatsoever to do with past history in connection with John Fenty. The history is of no consequence of what has happened in one season.

The blame for this lays wholly at the door of Ian Holloway.

Holloway was:-

1. The man that championed building in Covid clauses into contracts last summer. Stood there on camera telling the world that other clubs were mad not to adopt Covid clauses. Which ultimately cost us key players who were not prepared to risk the implications of Covid clauses.

2. The man that then set about signing a huge squad of seriously inadequate players. Mostly on the recommendation of his so-called football friends.

3. The man who stood there on camera telling us that he refused to implement a series of pre-season friendlies, and only organised 1 local game at Clee Town. All because he feared Covid. Ironic that he then committed serious breaches of Covid protocols at the training ground, including the now infamous darts match. All of this refusal to get much needed practice matches, whilst other teams completed a serious pre-season fixture campaign.

4. The man that used Covid as an excuse at every rubbish result, whilst also trying to throw in bits of his embarrassingly poor Holloway comedy act, referencing pointless crap from his mum and dad to Donald Trump.

5. The man who then embarrassingly quit when the going got tough, citing the takeover as the reason, because he didn’t want our new owners.

6. The man who, on the day he left, told a member of his staff, that he got it seriously wrong and totally underestimated the level of league 2.

7. The man who let’s face it, was only hear because he thought he was going to make a lot of money out of subsequent developments based around the club, and quit once JF agreed to sell, meaning there was no longer any scope for him to make any money.

8. The man that everyone thought or hoped would be a great appointment, and would have made that same appointment. Who wouldn’t have given Holloway a whirl because he’s had some success at a higher level, and was very popular with a huge amount of football contacts.

When all is said and done, this club started this season in the hands of Holloway. We started it with no real indication that he would take us into a relegation battle.  No reason at all. Stable club with stable finances and a popular leader in Holloway. He played a massive part in the policies around Covid and championed them as a solid and sensible way forward. He was instrumental in it.

For me it is Holloway that is responsible for this mess this season, and for that, I shall never ever forgive him

I read one sentence of this and that’s it. What a load of Bollox , take hold of Fenty’s hand and dance off into the sunset.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 160
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.