Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,827 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
July 1, 2021, 2:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from mariner91
This thread is a wonderful example of how access to information doesn't necessarily mean you have any idea what you're talking about. Anyone can cut and paste from google. For example:

Is literally just the tagline from their own website. No insight, just copy and paste. The fact that Karol Sikora, a man who Imperial College had to take legal action against to stop his bogus claims of being a professor there, is the second member of their "Medicine, science and data" team should raise alarm bells with all but the most crazy conspiracy theorist.

Jesus is this the best you can do, insight was from the long list of all the contributors? There qualifications speak louder than words.
So after all you digging all you can come up with is a nothing story from nearly 20 years ago? That only the Guardian seemed to of reported on, which it seems I believe nothing ever came of it (correct me if I’m wrong) a mere oversight on the renowned Professors part. Probably coming from the Guardian will have something to do with his anti NHS stance.

But thanks for you’re great input👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 487
mariner91
July 1, 2021, 3:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,816
Gold Stars: 264
No there’s plenty which could be debunked from all of your posts, you have a very tenuous grasp of what constitutes fact and your inability to understand basic English leaves you misinterpreting virtually every paper you’ve ‘read’. I suspect you only read the headlines cause nobody would be stupid enough to come to your conclusions if they read them properly.

Unfortunately I don’t have the time or inclination to put as much effort in to my replies to a dullard as Maringer does but suffice to say  almost all you’ve written is complete twaddle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 487
mariner91
July 1, 2021, 3:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Last point, Karol Sikora is an oncologist. One with a questionable history and one who’s previous actions would suggest he’s not averse to taking a bung. If someone is stupid enough to believe they hold the title of ‘professor’ at a particular faculty when they don’t, then I won’t hold much store by their opinions away from their particular field of expertise. He has no experience or track record in epidemiology or virology but his views get aired because they chime with the agenda of unintelligent conspiracy theorists such as yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 487
Humbercod
July 1, 2021, 4:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Embarrassing crass mudslinging that I don’t want to get into plus it’s off topic. But for the record he is an actual professor, so I’d take the word from him then some of the wannabes on here.

But again thanks for your great logic and reason you’ve really made me question myself.😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 487
mariner91
July 1, 2021, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Embarrassing crass mudslinging that I don’t want to get into plus it’s off topic. But for the record he is an actual professor, so I’d take the word from him then some of the wannabes on here.

But again thanks for your great logic and reason you’ve really made me question myself.😂

He's a professor at the University of Buckingham, not Imperial College. But I suppose we all get mixed up where we've worked or studied or graduated from. He's also not a professor in epidemiology or virology. You may as well get a plumber's view on what's going wrong with your electrics. Totally bizarre that the people who's expertise is in this field, such as Chris Whitty, are denigrated yet this chap, who has a proven history of lying about things, is a reliable source apparently.

There's very little point having any discussion with you. You have shown a complete inability to understand the written word, you seemingly only read the title of an article or at least struggle to understand what the article actually states beyond the headline and your interpretation of statistics is baffling to say the least. You are the exact sort of person who nefarious organisations like Cambridge Analytica target with misinformation and frankly one of the worst things about the internet is it makes people believe that they understand a topic just because they have the ability to perform a quick google search.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 487
DB
July 1, 2021, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.36
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Maringer

This old myth again.

Since Reach Group took over the Telegraph its reporting is disgusting, lacks facts, and prints anything to get attention. It is particularly good at Scunthorpe and district news and the reporters are from all over the country.

James Findlater is half-decent when pointed in the right direction. That apart I don't take any notice of what's in it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 487
Maringer
July 1, 2021, 4:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
OK, then. Try the government web site:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/search?postcode=DN35+8RQ

Just 140 cases reported on there so the Telewag does appear to be overstating it very slightly. However, it's a doubling of cases in 1 week (well, 98.9% increase if you want to be picky). Something we ought to be concerned about, perhaps? Especially as the 140 new cases confirmed today will have been infectious for a few days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 487
Maringer
July 1, 2021, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Hospitalisations are thankfully still at a very low level, but that is starting to increase quickly. The link between infections and hospitalisations is holding steady (albeit at a lower level to the pre-vaccine days):

Where the purple line goes, the red line follows in around 10 days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 487
DB
July 1, 2021, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.36
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Maringer
OK, then. Try the government web site:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/search?postcode=DN35+8RQ

Just 140 cases reported on there so the Telewag does appear to be overstating it very slightly. However, it's a doubling of cases in 1 week (well, 98.9% increase if you want to be picky). Something we ought to be concerned about, perhaps? Especially as the 140 new cases confirmed today will have been infectious for a few days.

Before vaccination, I was very concerned about the spread of covid by children, young adults, and the 20'/30's. Mass gatherings, tourist areas open, time off for Christmas, etc. Many weren't concerned and were proved wrong, even today there is an anti-vax group.

I also saw pictures of many watching England games, not social distancing. There is talk now of not wearing faces masks. Concerned, yes for my safety and like-minded people. Others know the risk and ignore the circumstances.

As I always say, I respect people's choices.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 487
Stadium
July 1, 2021, 9:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Thursday 28th January 2021
Cases: 28,680
In Hospital: 34,909
On ventilation: 3,918
Deaths: 1,239

Today
Cases: 27,989
In hospital: 1,795
On ventilation: 287
Deaths: 22

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.