Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 117 Guests

Hurst

This thread currently has 29,255 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
January 23, 2021, 5:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,522
Gold Stars: 172
Think he was a bit miffed if you ask me...try being in my size 8s!..p!ssed off doesn't start to describe how I feel, I really hope he gets this shower in tomorrow and hands them an envelope with their contracts cancelled for gross misconduct...I've got more passion in my left big toe and that's got a fungal infection!...this lot have to go, my god our conference squads blew this lot out the water!...thank you Fenty you tight tw@t, it's your fault, you just couldn't let it go last year when you had the chance, if you had we'd not be in this situation I'm sure. Twice on your watch we're potentially going to lose our league status, twice!....not once, twice!...please just give Stockwood, Petit and Shutes the keys and go....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 167
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 23, 2021, 5:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Humbercod
Does Hurst get a free pass this season regardless? To say the players are not good enough is one thing, but when you can’t even fire them up for a local derby is another.

I’m not a Hurst fan but the answer is yes. You cannot make silk purses from sows ears. The truth of it is that they had better players who more were up for it than us.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 167
Gaffer58
January 23, 2021, 5:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 33
Again not a Hurst fan but he has gone up in my eyes with that  interview, think he was as diplomatic as he could be these days. I wouldn’t say he can have a free pass for this season but must only take part off the blame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 167
Humbercod
January 23, 2021, 5:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82

I’m not a Hurst fan but the answer is yes. You cannot make silk purses from sows ears. The truth of it is that they had better players who more were up for it than us.

I’m not sure about better players when we beat them only last month, when they had pretty much the same team. It says more about our manager it has to be said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 167
Zmariner
January 23, 2021, 5:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Habergham was utterly shite today with and without the ball, Hendrie was his usual steady self.

Agree about Hewitt who is one of the worst central midfielders to ever turn out for us.

I thought Hendrie was garbage and run ragged by their winger Green. I am usually a fan but thought he was 3/10 today
I am with you in Hewitt though we were 1 down before I realised he was playing
utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 167
ginnywings
January 23, 2021, 5:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think he was a bit miffed if you ask me...try being in my size 8s!..p!ssed off doesn't start to describe how I feel, I really hope he gets this shower in tomorrow and hands them an envelope with their contracts cancelled for gross misconduct...I've got more passion in my left big toe and that's got a fungal infection!...this lot have to go, my god our conference squads blew this lot out the water!...thank you Fenty you tight tw@t, it's your fault, you just couldn't let it go last year when you had the chance, if you had we'd not be in this situation I'm sure. Twice on your watch we're potentially going to lose our league status, twice!....not once, twice!...please just give Stockwood, Petit and Shutes the keys and go....

Technically three times with the points deduction saving us. Then there was the Jolley season escape.

Grim reading for his tenure for sure.

Best run club around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 167
DB
January 23, 2021, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Humbercod

I’m not sure about better players when we beat them only last month, when they had pretty much the same team. It says more about our manager it has to be said.

Olloway spit his dummy out and walk away. He didn't care about us, he saw the huge mistake he made. Also you have the Fenty/May situation which meant he wasn't going to invest. Hursty summed it up, it's a mess and it is . You have to realise that the admin is just as bad

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

According this official site he can still choose Ohman ?????????

If the admin management don't know he's left what hope has Hursty. Hurst was left with the dregs and our only hope is the National league may be null and void.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 167
ivanosandwich
January 23, 2021, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,471
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Humbercod
Does Hurst get a free pass this season regardless? To say the players are not good enough is one thing, but when you can’t even fire them up for a local derby is another.

The problem is, for the players the derby means nothing to them. It's just another day at work where they do as much as they think they can get away with and no more.

I'm not a big fan of Clifton but had he been available, he would have run through a brick wall but none of the others have any affinity with the club.

Hurst could have picked 11 off The Fishy and although we may have lost by double figures, the work rate and passion would have been greater.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 167
immariner
January 23, 2021, 5:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Starting the passengers that are Hewitt (when CM), Preston and Green was wrong for me, not that there are a plethora of viable alternatives. I missed where Bennett was but I really hope Morais is back for Tuesday and Scannell is fit to start. One of Jackson or Gibson has to start next game. Neither have been great this season but at least they have some energy about them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 167
DB
January 23, 2021, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ivanosandwich

The problem is, for the players the derby means nothing to them. It's just another day at work where they do as much as they think they can get away with and no more.

I'm not a big fan of Clifton but had he been available, he would have run through a brick wall but none of the others have any affinity with the club.

Hurst could have picked 11 off The Fishy and although we may have lost by double figures, the work rate and passion would have been greater.

Except they didn't do any work!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.