Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 79 Guests

YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol

This thread currently has 25,461 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Oly1987
October 31, 2020, 3:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,234
Gold Stars: 22
Both central midfielders are sitting incredibly deep so there's hardly any options in the middle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 260
Madeleymariner
October 31, 2020, 3:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,078
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Too much playing at the back weve gave the ball away 4 times in dangerous positions doing it, its alright playing a system if pur players can play it which they seem to be struggling with at the moment. Stevenage had like 30 percent of the ball yet had 4 more shots on target to our 0 plus they hit the post. We just need to get it up the pitch quicker sometimes and stop pissing about with it.

Spot on its just a repeat of Tuesdays game but worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 260
KingstonMariner
October 31, 2020, 3:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from tashee69
Not often I’ll say this, but that was dreadful. Too many unnecessary passes going backwards. We get a free kick in a position to put the ball in the box and 5 seconds later it’s back with McKeown.

Totally agree. Makes my blood boil. There's an unwillingness to take the ball forward. They think they're doing the unrisky thing and retaining possession but it just puts the next player back in a tricky position. Much better to take a risk and lose it near their box than lose it near ours.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 260
KingstonMariner
October 31, 2020, 4:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2

It does though. If it's not working for you then it's probably something on your own end that you're incapable of understanding from a technical point of view. In either case you're not forced to pay for it and can choose to spend and not spend your money as you wish.

Funny how it's the only 'service' I have problems with. Can view other online content without problems like this.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 260
cardiffmariner
October 31, 2020, 4:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Toothless and pedestrian. No movement off the ball, no speed of thought or foot. Loads of possession but that’s largely been directly in front of Mckeown so what’s the point.

System doesn’t work for me, too much space between players. Four in midfield with two strikers playing alongside each other please. Won’t happen unfortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 260
Ipswin
October 31, 2020, 4:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Makes hoofball look exciting and more importantly safer at least we wouldn't be giving them the ball until its in their half

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 260
Northbank Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,561
Gold Stars: 173
Moaning bunch of barstewards !!!...you complained when we got sladeball, you complained when we got bignot bingo, clueless Jolley, pragmatic Hurst...now we are at least trying to play football, passing, possession based football...it's a complete change in the style and needs time to bed in!... personally, I'll take this style of not getting battered and aimless balls to huddle on the left of the half way line from macca... Rome wasn't built in a day, give it time, Christ it took Guardiola 2 seasons to get city firing and Klopp 5 seasons!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 260
Theimperialcoroner

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,336
Gold Stars: 103
Still wondering how Tilley’s header could’ve been so shite.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 260
Ruston AT
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10
I've watched all our games and I see NO improvement, Gomis comes on ahead of Max why? This team is not as good as the conference team that got us promoted. I'm losing faith rapidly something has to change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 260
toontown
October 31, 2020, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Lucky not to go in one down, or worse. We are utterly without penetration up top this half and have no drive in the middle. We get a free kick inside their half, and to the commentators amusement choose to pass it back to Macca. Sums us up at the moment. We are also suckers for attempting quick short free kicks from positions that could be used to force it Into the box. This so rarely works now as teams can stand in front of the taker with no penalty, if its quick, meaning the ball has to go backwards, so it's usually pointless when your as weak a penetrating team as we are at the mo.

Bennett has made some good touches and looks promising. Gomis control looks suspect but at least he has tried to make things happen.

We've looked very suspect all over the pitch to be honest, against a team that's dire which is really worrying. Need to change the formation I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 260
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.