12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
November 18, 2019, 9:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 93
Not everyone will agree, but I'd give Fenty some credit here.  It's very difficult to do an interview like that and try to explain the ins and outs of financial fair play, share options and all sorts of other stuff that IS totally relevant, but complicated.  He's tried his best to put this in layman's terms, but it's clearly not easy.

I want Fenty to sell up like everyone else, and I am indeed sick of the lack of progress.  I'm sure that John is of the same opinion too, he wants out and I'd be the same in his shoes.

Clearly MJ has let himself down badly, and he wanted out; if he was desperate to keep his job he'd have gone to the hearing and could possibly have stayed in place.  Like JF said, it's not predetermined what the outcome will be, although I am of the opinion that the club would have been well within their rights to sack him.

All in all, fair play to John for coming out and putting us in the picture.  Regarding budget, if we do indeed have a 7-12th spot budget, then MJ, and many of us, have been way off the mark regarding our speculation on this.  Of course we want a Top 3 budget, but we don't have the income at present.  It's such a shame, though, that the club are having to invest in BP to keep it up to scratch - I can't help but think this is futile, and whilst necessary short-term, is a waste of money, long-term.

Let's see what Part 2 has to say.  I'm intrigued, but not expecting much detail.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 114
golfer
November 18, 2019, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

Why are you shocked about the budget? Is it because you would rather believe spurious and unsubstantiated claims on here than the facts?

A lot of people on here believe what they want to believe so just ignore the facts. JSF explained how it works but people ( the same people) just want blood all the time. He has made mistakes but to some people he can do no right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 114
gtfckyle
November 18, 2019, 12:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
part 2 up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 114
scott_gtfc_89
November 18, 2019, 12:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Around 30 job applicants and some good ones,

Interesting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 114
Mariner Timsky
November 18, 2019, 12:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Just watched Part 2

- talk of 1 in 1 out on player movement in Jan , all funds available spent at beginning of season , he acknowledges width is required ,
- JF believes we have a really good side and that this season is not dead + buried
- the rolls royce was briefly mentioned, that was to do with the playing side of things
- talks of two interested parties regards a takeover, still wanting proof of funds re running the football club, says long way from seeing a deal
- the disciplinary meeting was set up which could of resulted in a wrap on the knuckles for MJ, but JF says MJ knew what the outcome would be so asked for mutual consent
- Wednesday is main focus at the mo a juicy fixture with the 2nd round described as even juicier
- Moore is assisting AL with a other ( we now know thats Ben Davies
- JF mentions 30/40/50 applicants received and more interest than previous  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 114
forza ivano
November 18, 2019, 12:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,222
Gold Stars: 266
that's probably the best i/v i've seen him do in ages..
i think it's patently obvious that he didn't want it to end like this, and he hinted that he shared Jolley's frustration with Humberside.
seems very frustrated with Shutes and the other party interested, over lack of funds. Have to say i'm not surprised he's frustrated - Shutes has now been dealing with the club for about a year, possibly more, but still hasn't provided proof of funds.
no takeover in the near future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 114
excusebeef
November 18, 2019, 12:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
I'm not impressed with the fact that an off the record discussion gets leaked in the first place. Jolley was right to mention Radio Humbersides negativity, he just did it in the wrong way. Listening to Tondeur sometimes makes me want to jump off a bridge when he's commentating.

Something's not right at our club. As good as our fans are, there are some perpetual moaners where nothing is good enough. It usually ends up with managers losing it with the fans or getting the sack.

Surely it can't be 10 years of poor management recruitment that's to blame here can it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 114
Malta_Mariner_90
November 18, 2019, 1:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from excusebeef
I'm not impressed with the fact that an off the record discussion gets leaked in the first place. Jolley was right to mention Radio Humbersides negativity, he just did it in the wrong way. Listening to Tondeur sometimes makes me want to jump off a bridge when he's commentating.

Something's not right at our club. As good as our fans are, there are some perpetual moaners where nothing is good enough. It usually ends up with managers losing it with the fans or getting the sack.

Surely it can't be 10 years of poor management recruitment that's to blame here can it?

He lost it long before this interview. 1 winger at the club. 3 - 5 - 2 with any Tom, male private or Harry playing at Wing Back. A manager lives and dies by his decisions. Some of Jolleys were frankly appalling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 114
FishOutOfWater
November 18, 2019, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

All football clubs in UK are greatly relieved

I was half expecting MJ to take a swipe at you on his way out to be honest

I heard all about King Matt Dean, King Burnsy, King Gwilym but he left out the Fishy and a possible King Swin....    
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 114
crusty ole pie
November 18, 2019, 1:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,355
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I was half expecting MJ to take a swipe at you on his way out to be honest

I heard all about King Matt Dean, King Burnsy, King Gwilym but he left out the Fishy and a possible King Swin....    

Should be an interesting listen tonight with mr.f on sports talk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Statement Kalxon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.