Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 79 Guests

What can we do?

This thread currently has 16,164 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
September 23, 2019, 8:40pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,176
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from nightrider
Admittedly I've not watched it for along time but i was always annoyed with Sky Sports always employing really attractive women as their news readers - what about the ugly men & women?

They get work in radio
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 102
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2019, 11:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There are two things about female commentators and pundits I don't like.

1. The commentators shriek when they pretend to be enthusiastic.

2. They are so obviously not there for their ability or knowledge but as virtue signalling by the broadcaster.

This does not apply to the race issue, we have had good black pundits for years now, but I do get annoyed when we get foreign ex-players on there whose accents make them unintelligible and who do not know enough English to be able to express what they really mean. They are only there for their name.

To a degree the same applies with those stupid PL after match interviews. You have a woman trying to sound knowledgable talking to a man who cannot put two words of English together! How to fill 60 seconds of screen time with nothing.

How do most of the halwits who get that gig get the job? What virtue are the broadcatsers signalling when they employ inarticulate middle aged men?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 102
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2019, 11:31pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B
And facial recognition technology, and taking data from all your Facebook posts and Google photos etc. And monitoring your every transaction as we push for an ever more cashless society 🧐🤔

So hardly signs of a liberal establishment is it?  Big Brother was not noted for his liberality, unless you think Joseph Stalin was 'a butt hurt liberal'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 102
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2019, 11:34pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

As a match analyst, very little. As a presenter/ interviewer a great deal as she has lived in the football family for over 40 years and through her own career as a performer at elite level knows the stresses of training and competing in the public eye. If only Emily Maitlis had her poise and dignity.

I'd say EM is on a par with Gaby Yorath. In her own sphere. Remember seeing her on BBC London News years ago and thinking, she is the complete package.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 102
GYinScuntland
September 23, 2019, 11:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How do most of the halwits who get that gig get the job? What virtue are the broadcatser signalling when they employ inarticulate middle aged men?

Fcuks sake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 102
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2019, 11:38pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

I find it strange that everyone we used (rightly or wrongly) to refer to as 'coloured' now actually wants to be called 'black' and get drunk off if that term is not used. Not all people of colour are 'black' at all and also what should we, to avoid upsetting them, call Asians and those from the Middle east with non-white skin? Not 'black' surely?

Calling someone by their name is a big help.

'Asian' is the commonly accepted English term for Asians.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 102
Rik e B
September 23, 2019, 11:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916

So hardly signs of a liberal establishment is it?  Big Brother was not noted for his liberality, unless you think Joseph Stalin was 'a butt hurt liberal'.

The Liberal no borders agenda, useful idiots of the left mere pawns for a more sinister Globalist One World Government plot (dons tinfoil hat). Flowers and bells for the 'we all one' fairytale which actually means even more untouchable unelected super-elites presiding over all of us. The nation state is a pain in the bottom they need to get rid of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 102
Mrs Doyle
September 24, 2019, 6:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Can I just say as a youngster I loved the black and white minstrel show they were brilliant singers/entertainers./Banjo players.

One of my all time favorite movies was the Al Jolson story and Larry Parks potrail of the great Al Jolson.

Never ever did I think it was any way racist I am sure the majority of grown up people didn't either.

Some people like to find agenda's where they don't exist just to get noticed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 102
Rodley Mariner
September 24, 2019, 7:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 184
Those PC loonies will be claiming that apartheid and lynching's were racist next!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 102
Croxton
September 24, 2019, 9:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35

I'd say EM is on a par with Gaby Yorath. In her own sphere. Remember seeing her on BBC London News years ago and thinking, she is the complete package.

Not questioning her brains and televisual talents. Her emotions/ irritations towards her interview subject become the story rather than incisive questioning. It's not her fault that TV/social media has become the message but appearing on glossy front covers seems a tad American to me . She's not the first. Paxo, Evan Davies, Kirsty Wark ,and many more, embrace the publicity.  
Davies used to become over intrusive in TV interviews but is now excellent in his radio slot. Less heat and more light.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.