Abdul19
May 16, 2019, 12:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm surprised none of them had a beer belly.    

[img]https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article499261.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/C_71_article_1052239_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg[/img]

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 147
1mickylyons
May 16, 2019, 6:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
I am suprised in this modern age that a football club in this case GTFC can`t sue twits like this when they have basically admitted to gross misconduct that cost the Club millions? I hope I bump into Linwood at some point and the two of us can discuss our feelings about GTFC over a pt . I wish the very worst for him and all those who acted the same from that era credit to the youngsters that Season who did go down fighting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 147
LH
May 16, 2019, 8:29am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,602
Gold Stars: 177
Can we get the Trust to invite these lot as guests one day next season?
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 147
RoboCod
May 16, 2019, 9:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'd like to see the fans of Leagues 1 & 2 (the clubs who suffer most from these grabbing charlatans) put together a Top 2 Worst/Most Unprofessional Players To Wear The Shirt for their respective clubs. Put them into a rough Top 100-ish chart with the other clubs and add the worst photo available of them and their worst stats/misdemeanours and send it to all of the footy blogs on the net.

Could do it in the style of Top Trumps with the photo and stats, but let it go viral and don't spare the vitriol in the assesment of each one and actually shame them as their jolly japes are seen by all (possibly their next potential club)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 147
1mickylyons
May 16, 2019, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
I'd like to see the fans of Leagues 1 & 2 (the clubs who suffer most from these grabbing charlatans) put together a Top 2 Worst/Most Unprofessional Players To Wear The Shirt for their respective clubs. Put them into a rough Top 100-ish chart with the other clubs and add the worst photo available of them and their worst stats/misdemeanours and send it to all of the footy blogs on the net.

Could do it in the style of Top Trumps with the photo and stats, but let it go viral and don't spare the vitriol in the assesment of each one and actually shame them as their jolly japes are seen by all (possibly their next potential club)

Pretty sure we can do a Town eleven

You`re not fit to wear the shirt

1 Rhys Wilmott/Nick Colgan/Peter Grotier (All 3 were crap for Town and upset me greatly)
2 Paul Dixon (How on earth did he ever get a proffesional contract?)
3 Aswad Thomas (Pains me to stick him in cos he had ability but never fulfilled the potential he had then left under a cloud )
4 Tony Crane ( Epitomised everything that`s wrong from an attitude point of view)
5 Paul Linwood (See above)
6 Peter Sweeney (See comments on Linwood plus had bags of talent he chose to throw away)
7 Scott Brown (Drink driving etc whilst supposed to be Captain and setting an example)
8 John Welsh (Assaulting a woman whilst drunk in a city centre prior to signing supposed to be captain and setting an example)
9 Barry Conlon (Awful attitude to everything especially training and proffessionalism his display at home to Bradford in Neil Woods first game is the worst individual performance from a Town player I have ever seen in terms of effort)
10 Richard Brodie (Whilst only a loanee at Town still made me sick with his terrible attitude )
11 Joe Robles (Came in unfit and left the same way I only saw him for 45 mins but can claim at 47 and Obese to be fitter faster and better than him)

Manager Mike Newell (The football would be dire but the end of season p1ss up epic)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 147
1mickylyons
May 16, 2019, 10:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

1 Rhys Wilmott/Nick Colgan/Peter Grotier (All 3 were crap for Town and upset me greatly)
3 Aswad Thomas (Pains me to stick him in cos he had ability but never fulfilled the potential he had then left under a cloud )
4 Tony Crane ( Epitomised everything that`s wrong from an attitude point of view)
6 Peter Sweeney (See comments on Linwood plus had bags of talent he chose to throw away)
7 Scott Brown (Drink driving etc whilst supposed to be Captain and setting an example)
8 John Welsh (Assaulting a woman whilst drunk in a city centre prior to signing supposed to be captain and setting an example)
9 Barry Conlon (Awful attitude to everything especially training and proffessionalism his display at home to Bradford in Neil Woods first game is the worst individual performance from a Town player I have ever seen in terms of effort)
10 Richard Brodie (Whilst only a loanee at Town still made me sick with his terrible attitude )
11 Joe Robles (Came in unfit and left the same way I only saw him for 45 mins but can claim at 47 and Obese to be fitter faster and better than him)
12 Martin Butler (My personal I flipping hate you ya twit Town player cost a legend his job with his no shows after signing a lucrative contract)

Manager Mike Newell (The football would be dire but the end of season p1ss up epic)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 147
fleabag1970
May 16, 2019, 3:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
And all this happened on Fentys watch ...... and to think he wants his loans back . Just another embarrassing moment in his tenure ...

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 147
MuddyWaters
May 16, 2019, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Problem being we can probably do a 2nd and 3rd 11. You didn't include Forecast, Proudlock, Hamilton, Heywood or Butler for starters.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 147
Kris2
May 16, 2019, 3:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from geir

Couldn`t be said any better than above!

Regarding the interview: We were lucky that Ryan Bennett, who played for us at the time, obviously didn`t follow the rest of those seasoned "pros" ("Pro" used extremely lightly) into alcoholism. We never would have earned those very welcome transfer fees if that was the case. I wonder if other young players, who later gave up on their careers, followed those elder players into the pub and onto the end of their short careers? It`s very easy to be influenced by what older guys does at that age...

There were definitely a couple of party boys among the younger players we had at the club. Can't really name names anymore since The Fishy might get shut down again when somebody doesn't like the truth. Peter Bore however is one lad who was never a drinker at the club, was friends with my sister and her friends and they always said he never drank when he was out. Tales of some other young players were a bit different though  .
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 147
buckstown
May 16, 2019, 3:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
I read the summary in the telewag but can't bring myself to listen to that moron. Is he trying to sell a book or something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 147
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Linwood Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.