3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 7, 2019, 10:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,405
Gold Stars: 124
The membership scheme Hull had would’ve been quite a good idea had they not refused to offer concessions.

A direct debit membership with a 12 month tie in would be a winner. Treat it like a gym membership.

Our prices are too high and we don’t give people enough options to spend their money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
bedders78
February 7, 2019, 11:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Tried and trusted format for 40 years and all the while using the same exercise book to write down the seat numbers

Just because we have the oldest stand in the league doesn't mean we have to have to oldest backroom technology in the league.  I've not had a season ticket since I was a teenager (20+ years ago) but we went in on the 'Selection Box' tickets this Christmas as the kids are really getting into it now.  I was incredulous to watch all the details being written down in a book and being told they still use Windows 98!

This is 2019, we should be able to choose the exact seats we want online; concert venues have been using this technology for years. Tickets could have an option to print at home or swipe/chipped cards.

One reason I've not had a had a season ticket in years is that I don't come with the same people every week.  My middle daughter would come to every match, but my mum and brother maybe only 3 or 4 matches a year. A more joined up digital system would be able to reallocate our season tickets so we could all sit together.

I understand every penny spent off the pitch isn't available on it, but an investment like this could save a wage in the ticket office and increase sales through convenience.  The extra data available to email "Hey! We notice you've not been for a few weeks, here's 50p off a cup of tea/sausage roll" type incentives as well.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
Jarmo.Is.God
February 7, 2019, 11:15am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
No, The prices are reasonable at the minute, and haven't gone up for years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
diehardmariner
February 7, 2019, 11:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
No, The prices are reasonable at the minute, and haven't gone up for years

The club hasn't progressed with their mindset for at least 40 years either!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
Yoda
February 7, 2019, 11:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
They went up last year.
I think the prices are too expensive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
Jarmo.Is.God
February 7, 2019, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Will lowering the prices by 10%, get you more than 10% more season ticket holders?

If the club think it will, then it's worth them doing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
nealeardleyscrossing
February 7, 2019, 12:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Not gone down that well at Lincoln with everyone.. Expense/Away games coming up etc..

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2019/february/190206-st---early-renewals/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
MarinersOnTheUp
February 7, 2019, 12:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
The club doesn't do enough to push for sales. What do we do? A shirt offer, early bird discount and tweet about them every day for a few months? We need to do more, really push for sales, advertise through local media outlets and offer more incentive for getting a season ticket. I know people say good football attracts fans but I think it should work both ways, increased gate numbers = more income = better players/better football = further increase in gates, speculate to accumulate. Look at Accrington and what they do to attract younger fans, GTFC should take note. We're not going to get any investment from the current board so without a takeover (which we desperately need), unless gates increase we can't ever be sustainable at a higher level in the long term - as I said in my original post, only 5 other professional clubs in the country rely on income from fans to survive more than we do.  

While we're heading in the right direction on the pitch, off it the club still doesn't do enough, especially with PR/Publicity. We really need to go on a drive to increase attendances by any means possible, including lowering prices and going free shirts to kids at local schools, even if that does reduce income slightly initially, in the long term more fans will attend, increasing gate receipts, catering sales and club shop sales.

We won't lose anything by getting them on sale early either, as somebody mentioned the worse that could happen is that we don't sell any more than we normally do but I think if we got them on sale early and really pushed for sales there's no reason why we can't see an increase in numbers. Look at the season we got relegated, when we were fighting to stay up there was a lot of publicity and the club/media really pushed for higher gates and if I remember correctly we got 7k during some games. There's absolutely no reason why that can't happen again especially now we have a better team.

We need more fans through the gates, I believe their are people in Grimsby and the surrounding areas who would get behind the club, it's about attracting them and keeping them - especially when it comes to the next generation of fans.

We may be  living within our means but we're not doing it well.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
moosey_club
February 7, 2019, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,333
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Croxton
Certainly not too early to think outside the box. At the risk of repeating myself, the demographic we must target more is/are young families. Old duffers like me don't necessarily need shirt vouchers but I would willingly pass mine on again to count as a reduction on someones family ticket. Is ticket sharing a thing anywhere? Looking at other clubs' ideas is a start. Perhaps the Trust could chat to the SLO?  Can Mr Wraith tell us the average age of Season ticket holders and target a reduction of say, 2/3 years per year, over the next 5 seasons? We are too wrinkly!

i think anyone who uses the term "think outside the box" needs to think outside the box when using management speak as that is so 90's...no wonder we are stuck in a rut using such old terminology.  
I would prefer the sales team to have a thought shower and see if they can identify any low hanging fruit to boost sales , even if it means punching a puppy or two along the way.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Croxton
February 7, 2019, 1:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from moosey_club

i think anyone who uses the term "think outside the box" needs to think outside the box when using management speak as that is so 90's...no wonder we are stuck in a rut using such old terminology.  
I would prefer the sales team to have a thought shower and see if they can identify any low hanging fruit to boost sales , even if it means punching a puppy or two along the way.

Sorry mate, it was a flashback to years of Staff Training days! Modern media phrases also grate. Hopefully the club won't kick the can down the road instead drill down through their data and be the best version of themselves they can be.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 19/20 Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.