10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
January 2, 2019, 3:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
So what's your issue this discussion/thread?  
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 96
moosey_club
January 2, 2019, 3:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,326
Gold Stars: 229
ooohhh....someone mentioned Huxford...shudders .....

now while i will say he was far more than a car salesman as he has been refererred to... and i believe at least at one time was involved in an airline company running out of Humberside (Eastern Airlines ?? ) which i think was pretty profitable at one point so i think he has more business nouse than you might think ... but ...

he was a fking terrible Sunday League ref and for that i will forever hold him in disdain...pompous, arrogant and officious ....the day a teammate grabbed his book off him as he was being booked and ripped it up in his face will live long in the memory... Match abandoned.... points lost.....sine die for the player and a club warning was well worth witnessing the event.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 96
Stadium
January 2, 2019, 3:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
So what's your issue this discussion/thread?  

None whatsoever.
It was just an observation.
Carry on.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 96
moosey_club
January 2, 2019, 3:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

None whatsoever.
It was just an observation.
Carry on.

back to Citizen Camembert are we ....

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 96
golfer
January 2, 2019, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Cloudy

Dont see any posts on this thread 'calling the 'fcuk out of J.S. F.'.

You getting paranoid

You either think i am J.S.F. or you don't know the meaning of the word paranoid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 96
chipsandgravy
January 2, 2019, 3:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from moosey_club

now while i will say he was far more than a car salesman as he has been refererred to... and i believe at least at one time was involved in an airline company running out of Humberside (Eastern Airlines ?? ) which i think was pretty profitable at one point so i think he has more business nouse than you might think ... but ...

he was a fking terrible Sunday League ref and for that i will forever hold him in disdain...pompous, arrogant and officious ....the day a teammate grabbed his book off him as he was being booked and ripped it up in his face will live long in the memory... Match abandoned.... points lost.....sine die for the player and a club warning was well worth witnessing the event.  

I was well aware of his business history and I can assure you in my eyes never rose above that of a car salesman!!
Anyway enough on this...Embleton has signed till the end of the season!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 96
supertown
January 2, 2019, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,479
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I bet you vote Tory! Sounds like them blaming national (GTFC) debt on Labour (Huxford) whilst conveniently forgetting the 2008 credit crunch (ITV Digital collapse) and them (Fenty) having themselves over doubled national (GTFC) debt since coming to power (buying the club).

Huxford was a decent man and he had genuine ambition to take the club further. It’s easy to forget that size wise we are in the same bracket as Wigan, Swansea & Bournemouth who had, and in Bournemouth’s case continue to have, lengthy spells in the Premier League. It’s very easy to wallow in the “Little Grimsby” excuse for complete lack of ambition after all.

Anyway, Huxford’s 80 in a few months so I think the idea that he’s going to return are frankly ridiculous.

You need to check your information. Swansea is a large city with 3 or 4 times the population of Grimsby . Bournemouth has over twice our population . Wigan is similar but it is a neighbouring town of Manchester
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 96
moosey_club
January 2, 2019, 4:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chipsandgravy

I was well aware of his business history and I can assure you in my eyes never rose above that of a car salesman!!
Anyway enough on this...Embleton has signed till the end of the season!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 96
grimsby pete
January 2, 2019, 4:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from moosey_club

Agree 100% about his reffering I got sent off by him after a player went over the top of the ball and could have broke my leg,

I muttered a few words to him and Huxford caming running over with notebook in hand,

I pulled my sock down to show him the scar and he said " I am not bothered about that " and sent me off for swearing    twit

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 96
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2019, 4:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Not going to get too excited over takeover rumours but I give some credence to it being linked to an NELC funded stadium.

John Fenty has been called everything from saviour to Genghis Khan during his tenure and he seems to have had a lot of control for what isn’t a great investment over a long period of time. Personally, I would like to see some freshness in the boardroom to match the new, fresh approach on the pitch but then I’m not the purse keeper. UTM
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Ashley rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.