Rick12
December 25, 2018, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Maybe but who is perfect eg Danny getting red carded

Iam impressed by Danny Cowley so far. Certainly didnt expect Lincoln to be riding so high this season.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
mariner91
December 25, 2018, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,916
Gold Stars: 264
Yeah he’s working miracles with one of the biggest budgets in the league...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Helgy
December 25, 2018, 2:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Mariner91
Danny and Nicky may have one of the biggest budgets but just look at County.
It’s also what you do with it , Swan at Scunny puts in £3 million a year and the team is failing.

You seem to have turned things around , thought too many were panicking but your manager has found the right blend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
mariner91
December 25, 2018, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,916
Gold Stars: 264
Let’s not pretend they’re performing above expectations. They’ve had five transfer windows and are able to spend probably three times on wages what we are. For all that they still can’t get a team to challenge whilst playing decent football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Helgy
December 25, 2018, 3:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Their teams evolve , the style of play has changed a lot from the past 2 seasons but it’s a results based industry.
No fans are moaning the style of play isn’t good enough.
We now play the ball out from the back a lot more , everything have to keep changing otherwise you stay still or end up going backwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Rick12
December 25, 2018, 3:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91
Yeah he’s working miracles with one of the biggest budgets in the league...
I didnt realise that.

Done well though in his previous clubs eg Concord Rangers and Braintree and almost got them promoted on a limited budget back into the league.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
oochiad
December 25, 2018, 3:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,732
Gold Stars: 28
Christ get real, they’re appalling with the way they carry on. You don’t see it Helgy as they’re your managers but to everyone else it’s all there for us to see and the way they conduct themselves is totally embarrassing. Nothing you can say will ever change people’s opinions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
rancido
December 25, 2018, 4:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,684
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from oochiad
Christ get real, they’re appalling with the way they carry on. You don’t see it Helgy as they’re your managers but to everyone else it’s all there for us to see and the way they conduct themselves is totally embarrassing. Nothing you can say will ever change people’s opinions.

The way they dispute virtually every decision that goes against them demonstrates a total respect for the officials who are trying to control the game. Of course the refs and linos make mistakes, they are human after all, but they way the Cowleys berate everything is embarrassing and shameful. I wonder what his attitude would have been in his teaching days if a pupil kept disputing everything he said?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
dapperz fun pub
December 25, 2018, 4:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,080
Gold Stars: 85
A Lincoln fan on a gtfc forum on Xmas day 🤔😳 and they say we’re obsessed .. and before anyone pipes up I know he’s a regular but even so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
kamakazebear
December 25, 2018, 5:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
So much jealous bitterness in this thread. I'd love to have Lincoln's budget, I'd love to have a team fighting for promotion like Lincoln are, I'd love to have crowds of 8-9 thousand at home (I seem to remember we struggled to get 6 thousand during 2005/06 and most of all, I'd love to have a head of hair like Danny Cowley's at 40. Whoever makes those comments about his hair in every single thread where he's mentioned must be one of those people that went bald at 14. Okay he might be a bit of an bottom at times but he's still got the team playing for him.

Now I'm confident we've got a good team now and a great manager in the making but Lincoln already have what we're striving to achieve. There's no need to be bitter, let's just all laugh at Scunny as they tumble down the leagues.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Cowley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.