Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who next for manager.??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 90 Guests

Who next for manager.??

This thread currently has 19,056 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
October 1, 2018, 7:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Kevin Nolan, are you serious?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 120
oldun
October 1, 2018, 7:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Kevin Nolan, are you serious?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 120
Bradford Mariner
October 1, 2018, 8:44am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
All the wise arses are out in force again with their views on the next manager and criticising Fenty again.

Funny how all these same voices were heard praising the choice of MJ, the new backroom staff, the players we signed, thanking JF for supporting the manager etc.

I'd like to give MJ a few more games to see if he can turn it round, controversial I know but I don't believe the answer is to keep changing manager when the going gets tough. After all, he did a great job keeping us up when the odds were against us last season.

As for proposing the likes of Ian Holloway, if we needed a clown in charge I'd contact Russell's circus first.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 120
Cloudy
October 1, 2018, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bradford Mariner
All the wise arses are out in force again with their views on the next manager and criticising Fenty again.

Funny how all these same voices were heard praising the choice of MJ, the new backroom staff, the players we signed, thanking JF for supporting the manager etc.

I'd like to give MJ a few more games to see if he can turn it round, controversial I know but I don't believe the answer is to keep changing manager when the going gets tough. After all, he did a great job keeping us up when the odds were against us last season.

As for proposing the likes of Ian Holloway, if we needed a clown in charge I'd contact Russell's circus first.

UTM

I think Jolley should be given longer to sort out the situation, but i have not, and never will, thank Fenty for anything, especially the ruination of our club
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 120
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2018, 9:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236

UTM

Which part of the last 16 years in GTFC' history has gone well in your opinion?
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 120
golfer
October 1, 2018, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Which part of the last 16 years in GTFC' history has gone well in your opinion?

If J.S.F. hadn't stepped in there wouldn't have been the last 16 years.He gave us a loan to save this club from extinction with no interest charges remember so naturally he wants his money back. Just answer one question-"Would YOU walk away if it was your money" and no politicians .answers -a straight YES or NO.  please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 120
October 1, 2018, 9:42am
Guest User
Quoted from golfer

If J.S.F. hadn't stepped in there wouldn't have been the last 16 years.He gave us a loan to save this club from extinction with no interest charges remember so naturally he wants his money back. Just answer one question-"Would YOU walk away if it was your money" and no politicians .answers -a straight YES or NO.  please

Given the proportion of his wealth that it represents, and the grief that's come with it, YES without a doubt.
Reply: 76 - 120
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2018, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from golfer

This is Bigdog's post from another thread - I think it answers your question

Let's nail another myth..

Under Fenty the club has lost half a mill for six seasons by not being in the Football League, there's £3m. And let's be generous to John and say the pitiful performances and shambolic way the club has been driven into the ground have only put off an average of 1k fans per home game. Let's face it, how many people does everyone know that don't go anymore? And it's not even taking into account lost income from away fans. That's say £13k per game, £300k per season, so £5m over 17 seasons. That's a total of £8m without taking into account the fact that we've not had any inward investment for years..

Which of John's predecessors have cost the club that much money, make no apologies for it and still take no financial responsibility, then boldly try to make out that they're keeping the club afloat? He is of course in a small way but only by securing it on what little value there is left in the club. The sick thing is that he's only had to keep the club afloat because of his own crass decisions and actions. As harming this club goes, John Fenty is like the ITV Digital collapse on steriods..
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 120
October 1, 2018, 9:51am
Guest User

UTM

Agree with a fair bit of this. Weren't we criticising him for not getting Jolley tied down to a 5 year deal or something stupid not so long ago.

Everyone is agreed we need a regime change, even the man himself by the sounds of it. But christ, the number of 180 degree turns on here is dizzy making.

Holloway? FFS, or even FFFS.

Reply: 78 - 120
Cloudy
October 1, 2018, 9:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 140381

Agree with a fair bit of this. Weren't we criticising him for not getting Jolley tied down to a 5 year deal or something stupid not so long ago.

Everyone is agreed we need a regime change, even the man himself by the sounds of it. But christ, the number of 180 degree turns on here is dizzy making.

Holloway? FFS, or even FFFS.

We? There were very differing opinions imo
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who next for manager.??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.