12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 22, 2018, 6:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Jolley has got one chance of saving his job.

Starting next week he has got to throw his coaching manuals away and realise we are L2 not premiere league,

Start playing players in their right positions and play on the front foot

Give Thomas support and play a winger  ( Pringle ) on the right wing which h for him is on the left wing.

At least if we are going to lose lets do by trying to win the bloody thing.

The clock is ticking as our EU  friends like to keep telling us.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 110
MuddyWaters
September 22, 2018, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
He says it was an even game, they had 18 shots to our 6 - 5 on target to our nil. Not good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 110
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2018, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from MuddyWaters
He says it was an even game, they had 18 shots to our 6 - 5 on target to our nil. Not good enough.

Interesting interview especially when he mentioned their half a dozen 6 foot plus players so why did we did we keep throwing into into the box for a near post flick on when it didn't work time after time.

Also talked about bringing Pringle on and his attacking ability but it was far too late IMHO

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 110
Grim74
September 22, 2018, 6:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
There was a big clamour for this modern thinking type of manager with a scientific approach and manuals sticking out his bottom. I said it then and I will say it again load of bollox! it’s not going to work in this league if we ever win then stick with that team FFS.

I still want him to turn it around regardless but he needs to go back to basics and play players in their natural positions. Maybe sack the coaches off he’s brought in no doubt filling his head with excrement and stick with Dave Moore, tell you what Jolley you coach and just let Dave pick the team we will be winning in no time.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 110
Northbank Mariner
September 22, 2018, 6:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,562
Gold Stars: 173
Nobody wants to see a man lose his job but I want to see my team win, see my team play attacking football, see my team be the pride of my life rather than the laughing stock it is right now...christ I'm engaged to a hully gully and even she's taking the urine now!!..and unfortunately jolley isn't doing a good job, it's like get a plasterer in to do my plumbing...maybe he was a great banker, a good academy coach but he's falling well short of being a football manager...I don't want us to be the english equivalent of the swedish team he managed and got relegated...
In all honesty we have a manager and assistant who's track record ain't the best...I so, so wanted jolley to succeed, to see a young english manager cut his teeth at Grimsby, to take us to the next level before he moved on to bigger and better things but would always look back and say "thank you GTFC, you gave me this chance to become a brilliant manager and I leave you as a championship team playing great football"....alas unless something changes very quickly hell leave us a national league team and he'll return to banking...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 110
ginnywings
September 22, 2018, 6:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Hereford sacked a manager with three promotions and a 70 odd per cent win rate.

Football management is a very fickle occupation, and Jolley knows he is under pressure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 110
GTFCChris
September 22, 2018, 7:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +36
How long is enough games? We've been here before, shall we wait until February again? We've hired a man that talks all the right words, means well and is great with the fans.

Ultimately, he has no proven success in the game and positive words only takes you so far. I want Jolley to succeed but if it's not working then ffs change it and accept it. He has brought in the players so you can't say he's not had an influence on the team this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 110
Stadium
September 22, 2018, 7:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from GTFCChris
How long is enough games? We've been here before, shall we wait until February again? We've hired a man that talks all the right words, means well and is great with the fans.

Ultimately, he has no proven success in the game and positive words only takes you so far. I want Jolley to succeed but if it's not working then ffs change it and accept it. He has brought in the players so you can't say he's not had an influence on the team this season.

Are you talking about Bignot??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 110
GTFCChris
September 22, 2018, 8:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +36
Quoted from Stadium

Are you talking about Bignot??

No.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 110
sisapon
September 24, 2018, 3:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -247
Gold Stars: 1
no i am not fenty ,i am a s/t holder the 3 games came from a very good soure. wait and see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael  Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.