Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › After a night to sleep on it....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

After a night to sleep on it....

This thread currently has 4,725 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 16, 2018, 8:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
This is only an observation but does anyone else think that our players lack passion?

It's fair to say that the only time we've looked up for it was against Lincoln (probably our best performance) and in every other home game, the players look like they've come out of the classroom having told what to do, and then haven't got a clue what to do when it doesn't work.

I've just read the D3D4 report by the Oldham fan who describes us as 'one-dimensional' - I think he's probably right. A bit of passion please Mr Jolley.
Private Message
ska face
September 16, 2018, 9:10am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Bit of a recurring theme this lack of passion from players, been going on for 15 years and I don’t think anyone bar Shaun Pearson has shown anything like the kind of spirit fans want to see in a town shirt.

This group of senior professionals that Jolley has got together - McKeown, Collins, Welsh and Woolford - do they lead by example on the pitch? Not from what I’ve seen. They should be setting the tempo and dragging the younger players along with them but I look at some of them and think they’re what’s holding us back.

Towards the end of the winless run last year I just got fed up of hearing from the players saying how they were “going to put things right” or some other meaningless garbage - I’m already at that stage this year. I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to hear about the fans being the 12th man and atmosphere, we’re not to blame for this.

Everyone knew it as soon as they scored the first yesterday, that’s it - game over. Looking at the players lining up for the restart all hunched shoulders and looking at the floor, where’s the fight? Not one of them tried to gee the others up, there was nearly half an hour left ffs.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
golfer
September 16, 2018, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
" Sleep on it " who could fking sleep ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
friskneymariner
September 16, 2018, 9:23am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from golfer
" Sleep on it " who could fking sleep ?

Most of our defence.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Croxton
September 16, 2018, 9:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Yesterday's RH interview with Sean Cunnington was the first time I have heard him speak. In his day, he and his colleagues did their talking on the pitch. I do not believe most fans give a damn about player interviews. They are pap and an insult to the intelligence of all concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Stadium
September 16, 2018, 10:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Fully agree.
Interviews are so sterile and bland.
Just the same items regurgitated.
And I slept very well thank you

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
grimsby pete
September 16, 2018, 10:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
I was out yesterday afternoon and when I switch football focus on  about 60 mins into the match I said " oh its still 0-0 we are not losing yet "   2 mins later we are 2-0 down,  I very disappointed  

BUT

I was not surprised ,  why ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
arryarryarry
September 16, 2018, 10:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MuddyWaters

This is only an observation but does anyone else think that our players lack passion?

I think they lack quality.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
denni266
September 16, 2018, 11:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I think being a footballer is a someone that most fans would love to be. and most fans would bust a gut to be out there on the field. They have  a good life style.  and from our league up good to wow pay. I wonder how they would play if they got performance related play  ie  starting at nat min wage , and had to realy earn the rest as top up for a good performance
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
grimsby pete
September 16, 2018, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from denni266
I think being a footballer is a someone that most fans would love to be. and most fans would bust a gut to be out there on the field. They have  a good life style.  and from our league up good to wow pay. I wonder how they would play if they got performance related play  ie  starting at nat min wage , and had to realy earn the rest as top up for a good performance

I dont know what its like now but years ago it was common practice to have a basic wage,

A bonus for appearing in the 1st team,

A bonus for a point  an extra bonus for a win,

Some clubs had a bonus for the league postion,

Some had a bonus on the crowd attendance.

I doubt that will be the case today though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › After a night to sleep on it....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.