6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 5, 2018, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
I don't think there was any indication that we were lacking in fitness. Everyone kept running from start to end, just not as quickly as the opposition (who also ran from the beginning to the end). Because they've got quick players and we haven't.

That's what the big bucks generally gets you - quicker, more athletic players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
1mickylyons
August 6, 2018, 6:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Maringer
I don't think there was any indication that we were lacking in fitness. Everyone kept running from start to end, just not as quickly as the opposition (who also ran from the beginning to the end). Because they've got quick players and we haven't.

No idea on the stats but even first half FGR seemed to retain and pass the ball far better than us? After HT they stepped up a couple of gears and we continued to plod and hoof and unfortunately aided them with silly errors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
chaos33
August 6, 2018, 7:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,014
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Maringer

Match sharpness probably more accurate. We were very visibly lacking movement, urgency, players wanting the ball and moving into position. The heat must have made that tough going, but it's the same for both sides and FGR were impressive in their energy and desire.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
Maringer
August 6, 2018, 7:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Yeah, I agree we looked a little sluggish. Oddly enough, I thought we actually started the second half a bit better but, of course, they got the goal following a break from our corner, I think, and the rest is history.

Let's just hope the result was one of those games you get where everything that can go wrong does and we put it right next game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
golfer
August 6, 2018, 8:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
From what I'd read about our new players from those in the know on the Fishy I was expecting a younger team with SPEED galore-what happened. Fake News ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
denni266
August 6, 2018, 8:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
We will never know from that game how bigger difference there was between the two clubs , as we never sent out our best players in there natural position , That was bad managements decision , I hope they know this and put it right
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
Croxton
August 6, 2018, 8:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
FAO Stadium. It is not hilarious for any of us who were there to simply record what we witnessed. Moosey ,Chaos, Forza et al have analysed the differences between the two teams and the failure to react both on and off field. If I was on holiday or abroad I would prefer to read unvarnished views , however uncomfortable, than
blind optimism.
Move on, nothing shameful here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
1mickylyons
August 6, 2018, 9:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
I don`t recall the Town fan`s being so optimistic as Saturday for quite a few year`s and the high gate and sheer volume of shirts was a pleasant surprise to the eye. I am hoping FGR are far better than we anticipated and this was a mere blip?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
nightrider
August 6, 2018, 9:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
We’ll be going to war on Saturday and there’s not a man in there that I wouldn’t want next to me,"
That's the message from Town skipper, John Welsh ahead of Saturday's opener against Forest Green Rovers......

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
ginnywings
August 6, 2018, 9:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Someone forgot the ammo...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fishy back to its shameful best

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.