July 27, 2018, 11:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Nope.

Haven't complained about signings and i will more than likely attend 90 to 95% of games, which means the club will make more money from me during the season, than if i bought a half or full season ticket. It just seems disproportionate that you can still buy a full season ticket for £340, and a half season ticket is £252. This will not, in my opinion, attract floating fans, just as the early release of season tickets has not upped the sales at all. We are still looking at selling the usual 3000 by the looks of things.

My reasons for not buying a season ticket this year, is partly down to what happened last season, and previous poor seasons, and partly for personal reasons

Who knows? Given lots of people have said they weren't going to renew the way things went last season, the early sales might have captured enough doubters to help avoid a slump in numbers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
immariner
July 27, 2018, 11:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Poojah

And that’s the real challenge for the club - getting the balance right between incentives and shooting themselves in the foot. To that end, they’ve probably done the right thing in launching softly. Get the idea out there and then refine it in future seasons once they have some data to base decisions on.

For sure, the incentive is small right now, but that has to be better than shitting out of £100k or so in lost season ticket sales through well meaning but over-enthusiastic offers. That’s a couple of first team players right there.

Yeah, for sure mate. As you can see from our two posts our situations aren't all that dissimilar and I have bought a season ticket in the past for the reasons you do/did. So there'll be many other people out there whose needs are broadly similar but looking for a slightly bigger or slightly smaller commitment of games, or to pay a little less per game, naturally. A blanket approach that keeps everyone happy would be impossible, so you could be right that the club are dipping their toe in first. Perhaps 'half-baked' is a litle harsh. I do hope that the club do look at the take up, again take feedback on board, with a view to tweaking it and not scrapping it completely. Because the demand is there, clearly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
lancspontooner
July 27, 2018, 11:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +213
Nothing wrong with the idea it's just the numbers that are wrong. It's a soft launch so I assume they don't expect take-up to be great. If it was £100 for 6 games in the Pontoon I would have bought in but I wouldn't pay their current price for a half season deal. I just hope they don't bin it because of low take-up and they are a bit more realistic next time. I will pick and choose my games this season as I haven't renewed my season ticket but it's going to have to be a hell of a lot better quality than last season now I'm back to the hassle of buying individually from the ticket office each fortnight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
Bigdog
July 28, 2018, 5:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy
Seems the people thinking this is a poor deal are the same people asking why we haven't signed this player or that player.

The answer is lack of finance!

Seems some will moan for the sake of it, some of whom will only go to a handful of games anyway!

Because it's such a poor deal it will hardly affect the finances at all. Can't see it being taken up by that many due to the pricing structure a lack of choice in number of games (if they ever release the figures I guess a struggle to break 100) to make a difference to player recruitment at all..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
Bigdog
July 28, 2018, 5:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from UTMariners
Well done to the club for listening to the fans on this.  The figures might not be perfect, but it's a good start and finally gives some priority to those who want to watch Town regularly but where it doesn't make sense for them to get a season ticket due to shifts etc.  In terms of it failing to reward Exiles, I don't think this scheme is aimed at Exiles. I think we will see a different scheme for them.

Well JF said he would look at a scheme after talking to exiles at FGR and this is what we've got. Expect another fudged deal for exiles after the take up for the current scheme is poor. Where has the reasoned debate gone on this board? Jamesgtfc had it right regarding the pricing and structure regarding the number of games. If it was something similar to that then the club would deserve some praise and the scheme could make a difference to many.

The Osmond should have been split for the FGR game. We might have not sold out the opening fixture but it certainly would have given the impression of some momentum being built. There's loads the club could be doing better..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
Bigdog
July 28, 2018, 5:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from newarkmariner
Its a good move by the club, they have listened and are learning by there mistakes, this is a step in the right direction, however it seems to some that isn't enough, make a ticket £10 and they will want it for £9,the club cant do right for doing wrong in some peoples eyes. if your going to minge on about the price comparison to a season ticket then hey buy a fooking season ticket and give the club your support and stop looking for reasons (Slade/Fenty blah blah,fans forum blah blah ,I cant let go off the past  blah blah)to justify your stance.
as someone stated earlier Damned if they do,damned if they dont.

It's aimed at shift workers and exiles who would never buy a season ticket anyway.. so where's your point?

And it's not having a go at the club for the sake of it. I want my club to do things better and enable us to progress..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
Bigdog
July 28, 2018, 5:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Nope.

Haven't complained about signings and i will more than likely attend 90 to 95% of games, which means the club will make more money from me during the season, than if i bought a half or full season ticket. It just seems disproportionate that you can still buy a full season ticket for £340, and a half season ticket is £252. This will not, in my opinion, attract floating fans, just as the early release of season tickets has not upped the sales at all. We are still looking at selling the usual 3000 by the looks of things.

My reasons for not buying a season ticket this year, is partly down to what happened last season, and previous poor seasons, and partly for personal reasons.

For all the positivity about Jolley, we're going to sell the same number of season tickets as last season. The reason is that in JF's own words, he makes no apology for how he goes about running the club. Seriously, after last season's antics he makes no apologies to the club's paying public. A frank admission of guilt and a raft of apologies coupled with an attempt to draw a line under hostilities and outlining a clear plan for the future for the club may have started a bandwagon rolling a la Lincoln. But no, in effect JF has promised more of the same. So we've gained 25% new season ticket holders because of Jolley and lost 25% of season ticket holders because of JF and the board. An open goal has been missed for financial progression because GTFC at the top are too stuck in their ways. Imagine what Jolley could have done with an extra thousand or two season tickets money in the bank..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
toontown
July 28, 2018, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
I think this is a good idea, not perfect, but probably good enough to entice me considering the priority for away/cup games. I don't want a particular seat as some are asking for, I usually go to games on my own but for some games I am joined by my wife or more 'casual support' friends of mine, they wouldn't bother going if they can't sit with me. If this came with a specific seat I wouldnt be able to guarantee the seat next to it would be free when they wanted to join me. But with this scheme I can pick any 2 or 3 seats together and get my seat using the SST. I still make a small saving and get secondary priority for away games. I will attend about 18 or 19 home league games I imagine so will certainly use up all 13 games on the SST. It's a good idea I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
Pogo
July 28, 2018, 10:56am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
It’s great for anyone like me who work on a rotation, great scheme by the club in my eyes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
Grimbiggs
July 28, 2018, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
It's a start, but not a great incentive, and I'll be surprised if they get more than 100 people to take up the offer....a better incentive would have been something like 12 games for the price of 10 (around about £190 on early bird prices) or if they wanted, maybe pack the Pontoon which is where the majority of the atmosphere is created, and charge something like £150, which would be a better incentive. I hope it's revised next season and not just scrapped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Self select ticket scheme

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.