Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 171 Guests

Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

This thread currently has 23,586 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
July 30, 2018, 8:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,816
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Stadium
But will they?
What were the numbers sold after promotion back to the league?

I think the numbers have been more or less stable forever haven't they? Certainly as a league club - even in the Championship I bet we had around 3000 season ticket holders.

I think that is one reason why the club appear to be so apathetic when it comes to season ticket sales - they seem to remain fairly static no matter what.

A new regime with fresh ideas and a destination and a means of getting there would make a difference. But it needs a sea change in everything related to GTFC to propel us forward and copy all those teams we used to play regularly who had terrible gates - Swansea, Hull, Brighton, Brentford, Rotherham, Wigan, Bolton,etc who all play much higher up presumably with much greater numbers of season ticket holders.

One day maybe.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 154
Limerick Mariner
July 30, 2018, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,787
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from grimsby pete

I bet they will leap with a promotion under Jolley.

To be clear by regime I mean Fenty et al. Promotion under Jolley - to 3.5k in the first season maybe 4k absolute tops and then he gets poached...

And in IMHO GTFC are a bigger club than Rotherham United for example, but until those that run the club run it like it is the 140th anniversary and not 1978 we are stuck in the cycle of relative decline.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 154
realist
July 31, 2018, 5:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Too many unresolved issues for me to consider getting a season club. Apart from the board, the trust has got back into bed with Fenty and gone to sleep. Remember the survey? Fans totally ignored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 154
1mickylyons
July 31, 2018, 7:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,406
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
More or less the same as the last couple of seasons. The damage limitation on the Fenty:Slade:Wilko Weston-Super- team but no quantum leap. Our ST numbers must have been in the 2500 - 3000 range for the past 15 years and can't see that changing under the current regime...

Pretty sure it was between 1800-2100 for most of that time and saw a fairly large leap OP Season to 3k? Most fans see the ST benefits the Club whilst offering the Manager a fighting chance of building a squad early.In this area those numbers are all the more remarkable when 1 in 5 of the working population are on shifts and it`s also a low income area. All Clubs fans claim to be the best but time and again the GTFC fanbase have gone above and beyond for the cause Pontoon stand,Joe Waters,Ivano Bonnetti and OP allied with sold out away ends everywhere for mediocre football from an hardcore of 4k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 154
1mickylyons
July 31, 2018, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from realist
Too many unresolved issues for me to consider getting a season club. Apart from the board, the trust has got back into bed with Fenty and gone to sleep. Remember the survey? Fans totally ignored.

You could always challenge that perception of the trust through the correct channels realist and effect change?

ST on sale from April and a new ticketing scheme announced last week whilst not ideal it was the fans who wanted these things so are they really being ignored?
Regards JF until such time someone buys him out were stuck with each other so not really sure how anything can be changed on that score?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 154
bax
July 31, 2018, 8:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You could always challenge that perception of the trust through the correct channels realist and effect change?

They’ll just force you out if you challenge the status quo 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 154
1mickylyons
July 31, 2018, 8:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from bax

They’ll just force you out if you challenge the status quo 😉

That sounds intriguing bax...... Could you please explain the process for someone to get elected to the MT board I always assumed somebody would be proposed by the members but I think that`s probably not the case at all?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 154
friskneymariner
July 31, 2018, 8:34am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Would not join any club that would have me as a member.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 154
Croxton
July 31, 2018, 8:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
Don't Harpo on about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 154
barralad
July 31, 2018, 10:35am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1mickylyons

That sounds intriguing bax...... Could you please explain the process for someone to get elected to the MT board I always assumed somebody would be proposed by the members but I think that`s probably not the case at all?

Oh that we were ever in the position of needing to get people actually elected to the Trust Board. As it stands anyone who can show willing and a skill that will move us on and help us to serve our members better is a shoe in initially as a co-opted member which is then usually ratified by the AGM. In the unlikely event of more people being interested than there are spaces I suspect there would be an election. By our rule book one third of the Board stand for re-election at each years AGM.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 154
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.