This thread currently has 15,662 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner1972
June 3, 2018, 8:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -9
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Just been discuss Nathan’s situation in pub and my mate has another story that reflects badly on the Cowleys. His lad was junior professional at Lincoln on £185 per week but loaned out to Halifax, then in the conference. He was required to travel from LINCOLN to Halifax 3 times per week which he was paying for so firstly asked Halifax for expenses who said no speak to Lincoln who also said no. Subsequently he learned Halifax were paying LINCOLN £300 per week for him to be on loan so making a profit on an 18 year old. Good old Danny Cowley.

Was told a story about the way Danny Cowley spoke to the grounds man at Lincoln, absolute clown. The grounds man shot him down by telling the only thing that needed trimming was the clouds with his style of football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 80
Maringer
June 3, 2018, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Considering he's a former P.E. teacher, is anybody really surprised that Cowley seems to be a bit of bell? Generally comes with the job, I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 80
jamesgtfc
June 3, 2018, 8:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,084
Gold Stars: 190
It will be very interesting to see if they can maintain or better their position this season. Whitehouse rumoured to be considering other offers and a couple others have already left. Paul Farman was suddenly dropped after a couple of bad performances so will be interesting to see if he sticks around as he only came back into the fold when Vickers got a serious injury anyway.

Rhead is a year older and will probably be spending much of the off season at all you can eat buffets. Matt Green is in his 30's and his game relies on pace which will at some point diminish.

With 5,000 season ticket holders, things could get very interesting if next season isn't so rosy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 80
mariner91
June 3, 2018, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,808
Gold Stars: 262
Matt Green rumoued to be signing for Salford, supposedly they offered £300K for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 80
LH
June 3, 2018, 9:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,603
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Maringer
Considering he's a former P.E. teacher, is anybody really surprised that Cowley seems to be a bit of bell? Generally comes with the job, I think.

Factor in he’s from Essex and the odds aren’t great that he isn’t a bell end really. He just looks a twit for me too. Why would you shave to go on Match of the Day after they beat Burnley but then stick with the unshaven, scruffy, borderline alcoholic PE teacher look at Wembley?
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 80
nealeardleyscrossing
June 4, 2018, 10:53am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Just been discuss Nathan’s situation in pub and my mate has another story that reflects badly on the Cowleys. His lad was junior professional at Lincoln on £185 per week but loaned out to Halifax, then in the conference. He was required to travel from LINCOLN to Halifax 3 times per week which he was paying for so firstly asked Halifax for expenses who said no speak to Lincoln who also said no. Subsequently he learned Halifax were paying LINCOLN £300 per week for him to be on loan so making a profit on an 18 year old. Good old Danny Cowley.

Well we will all know who that is. Lets hope his Dad was happy with you to post that on a message board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 80
nealeardleyscrossing
June 4, 2018, 10:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc
It will be very interesting to see if they can maintain or better their position this season. Whitehouse rumoured to be considering other offers and a couple others have already left. Paul Farman was suddenly dropped after a couple of bad performances so will be interesting to see if he sticks around as he only came back into the fold when Vickers got a serious injury anyway.

Rhead is a year older and will probably be spending much of the off season at all you can eat buffets. Matt Green is in his 30's and his game relies on pace which will at some point diminish.

With 5,000 season ticket holders, things could get very interesting if next season isn't so rosy.

Firstly you do realise that all of these players get nowhere near our starting 11 (Bar Rhead and Danny is already saying we will be playing a different style next year). Farman played I think a couple of games _ we had Alsopp on loan from Bournemouth and Vickers is our No.1 and rightly so.

Whitehouse would love to stay here but I totally understand his decision to look to a team he can get games - Which won't be for us - His first touch is like a pass.
I am sure you would love us to fail, but having generated nearly 5 million in 2 years, and getting nearly 9k at Sincil Bank every week, which generates more - I am not sure that time is likely to happen just yet. I am pretty sure our recruitment will again be good this year.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 80
Tommy
June 4, 2018, 11:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
nealeardleyscrossing

As an "opposition fan" poster you're one of the better ones purely for the fact you don't just come on here for a wind up.

But I dread to think how much time you spend on the GTFC forum looking for any mention of Lincoln so you can correct us all on it and tell us how much money you've banked in the last 2 years.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 80
nealeardleyscrossing
June 4, 2018, 11:34am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
nealeardleyscrossing

As an "opposition fan" poster you're one of the better ones purely for the fact you don't just come on here for a wind up.

But I dread to think how much time you spend on the GTFC forum looking for any mention of Lincoln so you can correct us all on it and tell us how much money you've banked in the last 2 years.

Not a lot of time - Just get bored at work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 80
LeeVanCleef
June 4, 2018, 11:44am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +180

Firstly you do realise that all of these players get nowhere near our starting 11 (Bar Rhead and Danny is already saying we will be playing a different style next year). Farman played I think a couple of games _ we had Alsopp on loan from Bournemouth and Vickers is our No.1 and rightly so.

Whitehouse would love to stay here but I totally understand his decision to look to a team he can get games - Which won't be for us - His first touch is like a pass.
I am sure you would love us to fail, but having generated nearly 5 million in 2 years, and getting nearly 9k at Sincil Bank every week, which generates more - I am not sure that time is likely to happen just yet. I am pretty sure our recruitment will again be good this year.

Actually, I think you may be a little off the mark here. I think the majority of us would prefer Lincoln to be in the same league as us, so we can beat you regularly.

We don't want you to fail, we just don't want you to be above us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold Makes Sincil Bank Exit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.