8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
May 4, 2018, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,730
Gold Stars: 543
Be with a heavy heart to see McKeown leave, very likable bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve.  Also he's the last link to that promotion side, which is a real emotional tie. No two ways about it, he's served us very, very well.

But in all honesty I think it may be time for him to go, especially if he's got the opportunity to earn mega money elsewhere.  He's an excellent Conference 'keeper and a good League Two 'keeper but I don't see him as the guy who will be in between the sticks if we progress up the levels.  

For Jolley, this is probably a bit of luck really.  There was a mixed reaction when Bignot dropped McKeown for Henderson, even though it was the right thing to do, so to bring someone in to compete and take his place would be fighting a battle with some of the fans.  By offering him a deal (that he's never really going to sign) it looks as if Jolley has done everything he can to keep him, but he can then look to upgrade without any opposition from the supporters.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 77
Mikey_345
May 4, 2018, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,606
Gold Stars: 113
Right, who’s starting a crowdfunder!?

😆

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 77
Pouton4ever
May 4, 2018, 2:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
I don the know why everyone is being so dramatic- I just bought my tickets for tomorrow from the club shop and understand that macca s contract is sorted and might even be announced before tomorrow's match...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 77
cannylad68
May 4, 2018, 3:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
You have the answer here then from Fenty's man.

Macca should go to Scotland, some lovely scenery and places.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 77
Swansea_Mariner
May 4, 2018, 5:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,478
Gold Stars: 63
Can't we take a leaf out of Accrington's book and offer him free burgers after the match. Could be a deal breaker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 77
KingstonMariner
May 4, 2018, 5:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Pouton4ever
I don the know why everyone is being so dramatic- I just bought my tickets for tomorrow from the club shop and understand that macca s contract is sorted and might even be announced before tomorrow's match...

Just because you might have some information which the rest of the world doesn't, it doesn't mean you can be a knobhead about it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 77
davmariner
May 4, 2018, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Pouton4ever

As one of the people who intially said that it was Motherwell that had offered him a deal, i can tell you that his contract is not sorted and what you’re saying is untrue.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 77
Sussexmariner
May 4, 2018, 6:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
Macca is a decent league 2 keeper, a great shot stopper but prone to poor positioning and lacks  authority in the 6 yard box, A prime example was last Saturday, a wonder save and also a big mistake for their goal.

There are better keepers out there just like Henderson and I’m hoping MJ with his contacts will find one, what will happen if Macca stays and Jolley does get a better keeper? He’ll play the best players available and drop Macca,  everyone clearly saw that Henderson was better so why won’t this happen again? When he was dropped  he wanted to leave (unlike Pearson) so I don’t buy this “he loyal to town” thing

If he goes, good luck to him, always gave his best for us and made that connection with us fans and if a chance comes along to earn good money for his family he should take it, we move on

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 77
davmariner
May 4, 2018, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Sussexmariner
Macca is a decent league 2 keeper, a great shot stopper but prone to poor positioning and lacks  authority in the 6 yard box, A prime example was last Saturday, a wonder save and also a big mistake for their goal.

There are better keepers out there just like Henderson and I’m hoping MJ with his contacts will find one, what will happen if Macca stays and Jolley does get a better keeper? He’ll play the best players available and drop Macca,  everyone clearly saw that Henderson was better so why won’t this happen again? When he was dropped  he wanted to leave (unlike Pearson) so I don’t buy this “he loyal to town” thing

If he goes, good luck to him, always gave his best for us and made that connection with us fans and if a chance comes along to earn good money for his family he should take it, we move on

No keeper at this level or the one above, or the one above that is perfect and sometimes make mistakes. All I’ll say is that McKeown has won us a lot more points than he’s lost over his time here with us. We saw when he was out injured, and the previous goalkeepers we had prior to him, that a good keeper is not necessarily that easy to find.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 77
Pouton4ever
May 4, 2018, 6:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from davmariner

No keeper at this level or the one above, or the one above that is perfect and sometimes make mistakes. All I’ll say is that McKeown has won us a lot more points than he’s lost over his time here with us. We saw when he was out injured, and the previous goalkeepers we had prior to him, that a good keeper is not necessarily that easy to find.

For me the "great" town teams have been marked by having a "great" keeper, Danny Coyne, Aiden Davison, Steve Sherwood... those few weeks with Dave Beasant

Edit I put "great" because we re not talking Barcelona or Peter Schemiecal (Spelling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McKeown interview - Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.