12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerGaz
March 5, 2018, 1:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
Quoted from GyMariner
He'll be telling us we can win the World Cup next!

Well if West Auckland can do it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 111
ginnywings
March 5, 2018, 1:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

Please tell me you made that up ?!?!  Hahahahahahahahaha....Long term..5 yrs... why the fck cant they just say " Good morning everyone...as previously announced here is Mr Jolley our new first team manager...any questions ? "

They are already setting themselves up for a missed target... we currently have ..

New ground in two years
Championship in five years

Highly unlikely on both counts i would say as we are currently just sitting outside the relegation from the football league places, havn't won in 15 games, have 5/6 players in place for next season, havn't even submitted an outline planning application for a ground ...yet  we hope to be playing  Championship football in the FentyExtreme Dome in 5 years ?!?!    I hope there was some sniggering at that point.

MJ was almost sniggering at that point. As Matt Dean pointed out, he had a wry smile on his face.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 111
horsforthmariner
March 5, 2018, 1:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
Like the look of him. Sounded good and articulate. I have no problem with Philip Day saying we are ambitious we just need theboard to back that up with cash in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 111
Tommy
March 5, 2018, 1:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
The Board/Club gets criticised enough for not showing any ambition. So I don't mind them showing some ambition with the Championship aspiration. Note this was only after saying that he believes we should be capable as a Club of holding our own in the top half of League One. It wasn't like he just came out all guns blazing saying we want Championship football in 5 years.

No harm in aiming high is there?

Some on here recently have suggested that some of the Board would be happier for us to be in the Conference where we'd be a big fish in a small pond, so maybe there's an element of batting that away with this comment too?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 111
ginnywings
March 5, 2018, 1:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from chipsandgravy

No totally understand and don't disagree with any of your comments but did have to check on 'perfunctory'.
Championship statement was stupid given the situation were in  but there again there have been many bullet holes in the foot of Grimsby Town one should never be surprised of another. Can't blame anyone for being cynical and defeatist after watching what we are. One can only Hope!

Ok. Been in my workshop hitting stuff with big hammers, so have chilled a bit since this morning. As ever, the manager will get my backing at the ground and i will say that he came across quite well this morning, so i wish him luck and can't wait to see what happens at BP on Saturday. As you say, one can only hope.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 111
ginnywings
March 5, 2018, 1:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Tommy
The Board/Club gets criticised enough for not showing any ambition. So I don't mind them showing some ambition with the Championship aspiration. Note this was only after saying that he believes we should be capable as a Club of holding our own in the top half of League One. It wasn't like he just came out all guns blazing saying we want Championship football in 5 years.

Some on here recently have suggested that some of the Board would be happier for us to be in the Conference where we'd be a big fish in a small pond, so maybe there's an element of batting that away with this comment too?

I would say that they get criticised more for constantly failing with those ambitions. There is nothing wrong with ambition as you rightly point out, but the evidence has been to the contrary for too many years. I would be happy to be competing at this level and not constantly looking over our shoulders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 111
lew chaterleys lover
March 5, 2018, 1:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,803
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Tommy

Ambition is great, but you need evidence to back it up.

If we survive, then lets have the discussion about future plans, and the method of achieving them.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 111
arryarryarry
March 5, 2018, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from RoboCod
Wonder if Radio Humbs are being crafty and insisted on Matt Dean doing the interview, leading to the non-chairman not fancying it after their last cosy chat.
Much better way, John Fenty out playing golf and Steve Marley sedated and stored in the broom cupboard out of the public's way for a couple of hours.

He is Radio Humberside's sports editor, not sure who else they would send and he seemed to be the only one asking the questions.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 111
lee65
March 5, 2018, 1:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Perkins
Excitement and positivity abounds on The Fishy....whats gone wrong?

It’s still a few days until Saturday  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 111
Bignic69
March 5, 2018, 2:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from MarinerGaz

Well if West Auckland can do it...

Are you suggesting we become independent from England?  

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley Press Conference - YouTube link

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.