Private Message
Reply: 20 - 84
Mrs Doyle
March 4, 2018, 6:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
                                                                                McKeown or Killip
                                                             Mills                      Collins                       Davies
                                                           Summerfield                                  McAllister
                                                              Dembele             Clifton            D.J

Vernham
                                                                                        Cardwell

Got to attack now wins are what we need to get safe this team can get behind opposition Veenham as the ability to be a playmaker and score goals him and Cardwell need to bond the wingmen both have skill and enough pace to get around the back of defenses the midfield of Summers, Mcalister, and Clifton should be strong enough. The back three are the best we have albeit the new lad looks decent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 84
Mrs Doyle
March 4, 2018, 7:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm hoping he does something so radical that the opposition are totally bamboozled. Port Vale will have had us watched and most teams will know how we play by now and what our weaknesses are. They don't focus on our strengths because we haven't any. Hoping he catches the opposition out and gets a few points before the other teams cotton on.  

LOL for ANY opposing team it's easier two speedy wingers, backline push up, decent jack in the box striker game over.

Seriously he has to show intent and attack we need wins and you won't do that by playing the safe options as we have already proven since boxing day it just is not working.

Only wins will get us out of this shitfield we have to attack. attack, attack it's all he can do now if we are going down lets feckin do it with a fight nothing to lose now for Jolly.

Yes Fenty well done you mug you have done it again and hoping Jolly will save your bacon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 84
Jarmo.Is.God
March 4, 2018, 7:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Any update on Wilks and Jackson?  

Macca
Hall-johnson Collins suliman mills
Dembele Clifton McAlister Wilks
                   Vernam jackson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 84
ex-merseymariner
March 4, 2018, 7:50am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Mckeown
Mills suliman Collins dixon
HallJohnson Clifton summerfield dj
Matt vernam
Subs... Killip davies clarke rose cardwell dembele hooper

I've got tired of people selecting mcallister..... if he's not involved on sat surely we can give up on him totally.  Perhaps matt dean or jt can ask what the situation is!?!?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 84
Gaffer58
March 4, 2018, 7:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,103
Gold Stars: 33
Macca in goal, then just pop down to the Stagecoach depot and get 10 bus drivers to just " park the bus" only way we will not concede.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 84
H19P1
March 4, 2018, 8:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Let's hope MJ will share similar thoughts to us with what was on show and shake things up big style.

We start again on Sat with MJ needing x amount of points with his tally starting on 0.

Good luck MJ and do what you can with this bunch the Summer is all yours to build something new.

First job is to keep us up 👆🏻 we have your back go get em
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 84
Stew0_0
March 4, 2018, 8:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,197
Gold Stars: 35
                             Mckeown

Mills           Suliman         Collins    Reece Johnson

Dembele    McAllister  Summerfield   Jayesimi

Vernum

Matt
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 84
Bigdog
March 4, 2018, 8:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Maringer
Jaiyesimi and Dembele aren't quick, so the plan for quick wingers falls at the first hurdle. I reckon Kelly is our quickest winger (not saying a great deal) but I don't imagine he'll be near the team.

If he's going to play 4-3-3, the front 3 will probably have to be Matt or Cardwell (or Vernon?) as the leading man with Jaiyesimi and Vernam as the other two forwards.

I wouldn't play Dembele as he's been awful every time he's appeared over the past few months. Might be down to his reported back problem, but he doesn't deserve to be in the team at present.

I think sticking Mills at left-back and Hall-Johnson at right-back is a good idea to make the team a bit quicker. Not sure about the lad on loan from Aston Villa - some are saying put him in, but we've never seen him play and he may not be up to the job at present.

I wouldn't play either wide, they need to be closer centrally to the striker if there's one up top, floating around in little pockets around their centre halves and in and around the box. Our full backs need to provide the width with one CM holding..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 84
Mariner_09
March 4, 2018, 9:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Given what he has I whould go

Macca
RHJ        Suliman         Collins    Davies
Dembele Summerfield Clifton       DJ
               Wilks (if fit)    Vernam

I am beyond understanding what Clarke, Dixon and Berrett do to get in the team, likewise Matt ans Rose have been garbage recently, DJ and Dembele are very, very quick from a standing start and can both beat men over short distances and have a trick. Would play both as they both offer miles more than Kelly, Woolford or Berrett in that position.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for port vale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.