Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › He's gone!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

He's gone!

This thread currently has 19,725 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
February 11, 2018, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DaleGTFC
Long long long overdue, but finally it is done.

I still don't forgive the man after 2006, he was quick to go and loved handpicking our players at the time, in our revenge I hope the man never manages again. It always catches up with you in the end Russ.. you had a good run I suppose.

Devastated at some of the players he let go but we can't dwell on it as we have to stick together and move on now and secure this status for another year. In doing so, a big clear out has to happen.

See you all at Cambridge

UTM

I'm devastated at some of the crap he has left behind.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 109
heppy88
February 11, 2018, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Well done to the board in making the right decision. A decision that would have been backed 100% by the fans. The decision could not have been easy for the board and especially Fenty. Their public backing of Slade and his "building for the future" b0ll0cks left them in a no-win situation, as either decision left them with egg on their faces. This will I’m sure will take some of the pressure off the board though, especially if results are favourable.
Good luck to Wilko and his team. Please get us out of this dire mess we find ourselves in.

As for Mr Fenty please, please, please take your time, carry out due diligence and get the right man in. Even if that man will occasionally question YOUR decisions, it's not a failure to take advice from others and it can save you a lot of strife and heartache in the long run! UTMM!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 109
Garth
February 11, 2018, 5:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,932
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from pontoonlew
Wilko in temporary charge, a bit strange given Wilko has sat back and gone along with the shite on the pitch.

I remember a quiet man who had little to say whilst his co manager ruled the roost (Paul Hurst) he turned out working on his own OK, Time will tell
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 109
headingly_mariner
February 11, 2018, 6:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 120
We are still in big trouble even without him. A huge period of instability in what is a massively important end of the season.

Terrifying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 109
Bigdog
February 11, 2018, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Phew..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 109
Eastendmariner
February 11, 2018, 6:34pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
joy joy it's made my weekend after that tosh yesterday I can see a possible light at the end of the Tunnel after sufferIng the mental torture of  Yeovil and Crawley away totally unacceptable  THANK YOU MR FENTY

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 109
Eastendmariner
February 11, 2018, 6:40pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
yep headingly we are up against it it could go badly wrong for us with out him but I couldn't see it getting better  so I'm happy for Town to take their chances It's up to us the fans to help and get behind our Club.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 109
Pontooner
February 11, 2018, 6:47pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
Quoted from headingly_mariner
We are still in big trouble even without him. A huge period of instability in what is a massively important end of the season.

Terrifying.

Totally agree.

13 games to go and the Board intend to go through a competitive recruitment process. So it could be two, or three games before a replacement is installed.

Were in real trouble now, but if Wilkinson can't pick up some points before then, the replacement will walk into a full on crisis.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 109
golfer
February 11, 2018, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Don't know what the guys done to deserve the sack   As a reward I think we ought to ask J.S.F. if he wants to be Chairman.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 109
ginnywings
February 11, 2018, 7:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Pontooner

Totally agree.

13 games to go and the Board intend to go through a competitive recruitment process. So it could be two, or three games before a replacement is installed.

Were in real trouble now, but if Wilkinson can't pick up some points before then, the replacement will walk into a full on crisis.  

I don't think we are.......yet. A point a game over the rest of the season will probably be enough. The situation is bad, but not yet dire.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › He's gone!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.