Teestogreen
February 6, 2018, 4:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons
One of my favourite awaydays Bootham Crescent. Clubs need to be more prudent I agree but the biggest problem with teams below the Championship is the paltry amount of money fed down.You only have to look at how teams that get relegated from the Prem get on ala Sunderland they have players on huge wages they can`t get rid of and they often drop to League 1 before they steady the ship.At least they had the money to waste FFS teams like GY and worse still the ex league teams below get next to nothing back it needs addressing BUT money talks so it won`t happen.

I remember (before the days of SAT NAV), trying to find Bootham Crescent (without success) and driving round the York one way system, then spotted the Town team coach - so followed that and the coach driver didn't seem to know where he was going either and went round the same system we had just been round. Finally got there - remember it was FA Cup and we lost 4-2 in the snow - with a little bouncy midfield player called Jimmy Thompson (with a 'tash' - bit like Kenny Ball' - signed him from the North East) scoring both goals.  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
moosey_club
February 6, 2018, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
I ain’t surprised they are having financial problems. The bloke has to turn and sign a new player (normally strikers), everytime they fail to win a game.

Fancy that ...what a ridiculous strategy  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
lew chaterleys lover
February 6, 2018, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,818
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Teestogreen

I remember (before the days of SAT NAV), trying to find Bootham Crescent (without success) and driving round the York one way system, then spotted the Town team coach - so followed that and the coach driver didn't seem to know where he was going either and went round the same system we had just been round. Finally got there - remember it was FA Cup and we lost 4-2 in the snow - with a little bouncy midfield player called Jimmy Thompson (with a 'tash' - bit like Kenny Ball' - signed him from the North East) scoring both goals.  

I was at that game. I travelled by train with a long walk over a bridge by the river to Bootham Cres. I think, but of course it was about 45 years ago isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
arryarryarry
February 6, 2018, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,024
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from barrattstandman
Still some are in denial that it could be us .

What, you mean a chairman demanding free shares from the Trust otherwise he throws his toys out of the cot.

Nah, could never happen here.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
headingly_mariner
February 6, 2018, 8:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from arryarryarry

What, you mean a chairman demanding free shares from the Trust otherwise he throws his toys out of the cot.

Nah, could never happen here.

Absolutely. Another rich bloke crushing the life out of a club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
KingstonMariner
February 6, 2018, 11:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I hope they (York City's supporters trust) learn from our example and tell him where to go. If they're in the excrement financially because of mismanagement, it won't go away by giving the man who presided over it more control.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Abdul19
February 7, 2018, 8:44am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Is he the same bloke they sold to years ago?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
barralad
February 8, 2018, 11:42am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Teestogreen

Remember it well. First Round F.A. cup so November in the days when you could just about guarantee snow on the ground before Christmas. I was 13 and remember being amazed that the group of fishermen Town fans stood near us were wearing jeans and t-shirts and no coats. I suppose it must 've been 10 degrees warmer than on a trawler off Iceland...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
TownSNAFU5
February 9, 2018, 7:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,919
Gold Stars: 42
Talking of getting lost in York,  I went with my dad to a game there about 1970.  It was heavy snow coming out and we ended up on the A64 going to Scarborough (instead of towards North Lincs).  You could hardly read the road signs. I said that unless they have suddenly built a bridge from Scarborough to Lincolnshire then we are going the wrong way.

Big away wins were rare many years ago.  I think that it was in the late 60s, or early 70s, that Town won 5-2 at York.  Stuatr Brace score a hattrick.  I could not wait to read about in the Football Telegraph.  No other media around then.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
barralad
February 9, 2018, 8:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Talking of getting lost in York,  I went with my dad to a game there about 1970.  It was heavy snow coming out and we ended up on the A64 going to Scarborough (instead of towards North Lincs).  You could hardly read the road signs. I said that unless they have suddenly built a bridge from Scarborough to Lincolnshire then we are going the wrong way.

Big away wins were rare many years ago.  I think that it was in the late 60s, or early 70s, that Town won 5-2 at York.  Stuatr Brace score a hattrick.  I could not wait to read about in the Football Telegraph.  No other media around then.  

That was the re-election season. My first. I remember my old man sending me to the papershop for the Football Telegraph such was the momentous nature of the result.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › York City in crisis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.