This thread currently has 6,110 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 31, 2018, 10:27am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
Anyone but Slade, I don't care who takes charge.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 46
Grim74
January 31, 2018, 10:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Let's not put all the emphasis on Sir Alan because Dave Moore has proved time and again he's more than capable of bringing the best out of average players, these two together with equal input would certainly be the best short term option by a country mile.
In that time would could line up a top up and coming non league manager who may be currently under contract, or even a top premiership player coming towards the end of their career someone with the leadership qualities required for a player manager like with did with Laws, the are numerous options if we just stable the ship, but the worst one by far  (other than keeping Salde) would be to bring in another out of work failed manager.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 10:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
The problem in the event you sack Slade is who you bring in? Buckley and Moore have enough experience of football to save us (you could argue so does Slade) and they would get enough backing from the fans to build up some positivity short term.Buckley/Moore is not the answer long term but it will buy the Club valuable time to get to May when they can get on with picking the long term solution.In my opinion Slade is not the answer short or long term and never was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
toontown
January 31, 2018, 10:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
No to Buckley, I wouldn't want his legend status tarnished if we were to slide down with him in charge. He has been out of the game too long now I am afraid. Dave Moore as temp manager to steady the ship (I hope) and get enough points on the board to keep our heads above water. I would settle for about where we r now league position wise, but we MUST arrest this slide! We are sleepwalking to relegation with slade in charge. I thought we could see out the season with him in charge and then replace him but he must go now as the disaster of relegation is so clearly looming. It doesn't matter what it costs - relegation will cost more. I fear they will give him cheltenham and then sack him when we lose that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
arryarryarry
January 31, 2018, 10:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Jaws
I'm not so sure that a manager that hasn't managed a profesional team for 10 years or managed any other club for 15 years.

In terms of short-term impact he didn't do too well either. He lost 8 of the first ten games at the start of his last stint.

Slade is the problem but not convinced Buckley is the answer. A lot has changed in 10 years, being an expert summariser for radio humberside does not make you a good coach. Gary Neville was a higher-profile example.

I'm not advocating that we should look to AB in fact I would go so far to say that if a chairman had sacked me then came crawling back I would tell him to intercourse right off.

However regarding your comment of the lack of being involved with professional football for the past 10 years, we have got someone who has, he also has the experience of managing several teams and he is doing a right crap job of it.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
ginnywings
January 31, 2018, 11:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
If Slade goes, and i don't think he will today, why can we never look beyond people already associated with the club? It's this sort of parochial thinking right throughout the club that has got us into this mess yet again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
supertown
January 31, 2018, 11:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,480
Gold Stars: 53
I dont want Alan Buckley , I’ve listened to him enough on the radio to know his days are over in football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
1mickylyons
January 31, 2018, 11:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
If Slade goes, and i don't think he will today, why can we never look beyond people already associated with the club? It's this sort of parochial thinking right throughout the club that has got us into this mess yet again.

No no no this is not a long term solution but neither is panicking and getting a dead horse from somewhere with no love or affiliation to the Club.We know Buckley and Moore will do everything they can to keep up others won`t give a fig remember Nicky Law.We must stya up and we must get the right bloke in May you won`t get him now whoever he is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
ginnywings
January 31, 2018, 11:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Having an affiliation to the club guarantees nothing. Do you remember Buckley's last stint at the club? He was still in the loop then as well. When Port Vale were bottom of the league, they brought in Aspin from non league, during the season. Some on here were saying it was a sh1t appointment and he was a hoof ball merchant. They are now 2 points behind us with a game in hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
Tommy
January 31, 2018, 11:37am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Why do people have such faith that Dave Moore would be the right man to steer us safe of relegation?

Surely he's more out of touch with football management than Buckley as (aside from a couple of caretaker spells were he's just picked up average results) he's been out of management longer than Sir Alan.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bring Back Buckley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.