Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I question the sanity of the board of GTFC!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 79 Guests

I question the sanity of the board of GTFC!

This thread currently has 4,804 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2018, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
If the manager who you appointed and have now backed can seriously state that we didn't deserve to lose today, then either I need my eyes testing or he is an utter bullshitter. With him in charge, we will either get relegated this season or next.
Private Message
Hagrid
January 13, 2018, 6:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
100%. Fgs John admit you were wrong and sack them
Both
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
heppy88
January 13, 2018, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
The lack of any official response from the Trust is deafening. Don't let Fenty's Fuk ups dismantle all the progress and goodwill towards the trust. Come out and make a statement, back up the fans, for the sake of the club say something ffs!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
headingly_mariner
January 13, 2018, 6:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,404
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If the manager who you appointed and have now backed can seriously state that we didn't deserve to lose today, then either I need my eyes testing or he is an utter bullshitter. With him in charge, we will either get relegated this season or next.

I get the feeling they'll make a bigger mess of it and sack him this week or later in the window.

They are the problem, the loans should be written off and the board should resign to allow the actual opportunity for fresh blood to take over. I am really worried we will be in a position were we get relegated and then the board walk away leaving the benign loans outstanding. That would be horrific.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
fleabag1970
January 13, 2018, 6:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Don't worry the fenty fishy five will save the club

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
chaos33
January 13, 2018, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,009
Gold Stars: 362
The club's strategy has meant that the board have backed themselves into a corner. Having publicly supported the management duo 'unequivocally', they can't very well now sack them only one result on from that?! It would totally discredit them. And yet, when they do nothing following another home catastrophe, they look weak and very badly mistaken. Every week the same. The facts are screaming in everyone's face. Results, goals, tactics, bullsh1t interviews, substitutions, wasted money, big squad full of dross etc etc

Well done board and management. What a complete and utter mess you're making. It does bring shame upon this proud club, so soon after returning to the FL. Crying bl00dy shame for the loyal supporters.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
OneLove
January 13, 2018, 6:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
If Fenty cared for the club he would sack Slade and Wilko and then straight away sack himself so no more idiotic decisions and appointments can be made. What more worse could happen to the club? Im fuming at the fact we are at a terrible low and nothings happening, the towns kerplunking all its history is disappearing fast and now our clubs going the same way because these jerks are making it that way. Lets take a stand against it get some answers and hopefully resolutions!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
mariner91
January 13, 2018, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,809
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from chaos33
The club's strategy has meant that the board have backed themselves into a corner. Having publicly supported the management duo 'unequivocally', they can't very well now sack them only one result on from that?! It would totally discredit them. And yet, when they do nothing following another home catastrophe, they look weak and very badly mistaken. Every week the same. The facts are screaming in everyone's face. Results, goals, tactics, bullsh1t interviews, substitutions, wasted money, big squad full of dross etc etc

Well done board and management. What a complete and utter mess you're making. It does bring shame upon this proud club, so soon after returning to the FL. Crying bl00dy shame for the loyal supporters.

I don't think this board need to worry about discrediting themselves  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
RoboCod
January 13, 2018, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from chaos33
The club's strategy has meant that the board have backed themselves into a corner. Having publicly supported the management duo 'unequivocally', they can't very well now sack them only one result on from that?!

So very true. Typical of this board, of all the times to finally make the effort to release a half-decent non-antagonistic, non error-strewn press release to pass around the media it contains the above commitment, the very thing the fans didn't want to hear and one that ensnares them into either  backing a manager whose time is up or sacking him, something they've just assured everyone will NOT happen.

They are simply rabbits in the headlights now, incapable of making a move but knowing they must.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
headingly_mariner
January 13, 2018, 7:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,404
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from chaos33

Completely agree. I think they should've probably had a look at the fixtures before they put that statement out as well. It doesn't look particularly likely we will pick any points up in January. Colchester could be massive. I think if we lose both they'll definitely sack him, if he's not gone before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I question the sanity of the board of GTFC!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.