This thread currently has 8,829 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Dopleganger
January 2, 2018, 7:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -179
I think we have all had enough of Slade and his boring tactics, lack of ability to change things around and all round boring comments pre and post match.

At what point do we boycott the games? Seems on Saturday against Accrington it began when nearly 1000 people left with 20 minutes to go.

Do we get some banners made up expressing our concerns to Fenty and the board?

Maybe we need to start the "your getting sacked in the morning" chants.

What is the point in giving him even more money to bring in even more ageing players at the end of their careers that aren't good enough?

We have young talented players that he isn't prepared to give a chance to. We are losing so what else is he going to lose by giving them a chance.

I'm sick of hearing that they aren't quite ready. How will they ever be ready if you don't give them a go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
OneLove
January 2, 2018, 7:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Findus car park before the game, if everyones talking about it then we need to do something about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 63
crusty ole pie
January 2, 2018, 7:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,381
Gold Stars: 66
Yeovil's League Two game with Crawley was held up for more than 10 minutes on Monday when a drone appeared over Huish Park

Can we get a squadron of drones to drag our banner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 63
moosey_club
January 2, 2018, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,297
Gold Stars: 226
Just what do you want ?

What are your realistic demands ?

Its alright bleating on but just what are your expectations ?

Not saying i am happy with the current position and outlook at the club but i see little benefit from wholesale change at the moment.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2018, 8:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Dopleganger
I think we have all had enough of Slade and his boring tactics, lack of ability to change things around and all round boring comments pre and post match.

At what point do we boycott the games? Seems on Saturday against Accrington it began when nearly 1000 people left with 20 minutes to go.

What is the point in giving him even more money to bring in even more ageing players at the end of their careers that aren't good enough?

We have young talented players that he isn't prepared to give a chance to. We are losing so what else is he going to lose by giving them a chance.

I'm sick of hearing that they aren't quite ready. How will they ever be ready if you don't give them a go.

I'm sure the players will appreciate such distractions on the day.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 63
Marinerz93
January 2, 2018, 8:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
It used to be done after the game with sack the board, not that this current board gives a flying fig what the great unwashed think.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
lew chaterleys lover
January 2, 2018, 9:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Dopleganger

What talented young players are those? If they were that good they would be in the team wouldn't they? DJ and Dembele are young, good enough and ARE in the team so I don't get your point.

The club is being poorly run by the so called board. Less than 3 weeks ago we were doing ok on the field, but we have been in leagues 4 and 5 for donkeys years whoever was manager. No good keep sacking managers unless they are really bad news (Bignot). It is the boardroom that needs addressing.  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
oldun
January 2, 2018, 9:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Uncalled for waste of time. By all means as someone once said "If you don't effing like it don't effing come"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 63
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2018, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from oldun
Uncalled for waste of time. By all means as someone once said "If you don't effing like it don't effing come"

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, the season ticket has the feeling of a ball & chain at present.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
OneLove
January 2, 2018, 9:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
The fishy is full of threads about the state of the club and the minute someone mentions a show of faces to protest against how deflated the club is on and off the pitch it just gets ridiculed. We can all sit behind a screen saying this is what will happen, no you shouldn't do this etc etc but in reality we need to start proving the point by getting together as a whole and getting this club sorted out once and for all. Its declined and declined for years now and its not going to get any better is it? or shall we all carry on as normal and sooner or later it become a folded club just like most of this towns history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boycott, Banners and Chanting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.