7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 10, 2017, 10:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Whilst agreeing that Jones was not at his best yesterday, a nd I think his second penalty miss was a factor in this, he had numerous shots that were either saved, charged down or missed by a mile. Key thing being he was still there missing them at the end which is what good strikers do.

The frustration yesterday arose when he seemed oblivious to the game with him "letting" the keeper waltz past him on semveral occasions. He scored in the last match, links well with Matt and has excellent ball skills plus it was his run and through pass which enabled Matt to score the opener v Swindon. Think his body language, head down, may appear to make him look disinterested and lazy but he sparks into life when the ball is in his area.

IMO an assett and remember we are league 2 players and many are in this league because they are inconsistent, rather stick then twist on this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 68
NorthseaMariner
December 10, 2017, 10:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
I enjoyed the game, much better first half than second though. But I really don’t get this, everybody back in our own penalty area when we’re defending a corner, especially when playing against ten men. It meant even their keeper could come up for corners. Really don’t get it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 68
rancido
December 10, 2017, 11:12am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
I would like to ask RS why we persisted in defending corners, without anybody left up front, against 10 men. Then I thought I don't think I could handle a power point display, flow charts and innumerable stats as to why he thinks it's the right tactic to adopt!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 68
Badger57
December 10, 2017, 11:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,916
Gold Stars: 30
It makes no sense against 11 so there's no chance of there being anything like a good or sensible reason for doing it against 10.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 12:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Give over, this is a thread about the game. I'd be surprised if anyone who is disgruntled with the board suddenly thinks they are ok becuase of three good results.

Did anyone suggest any part of your post above?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 12:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Give over, this is a thread about the game. I'd be surprised if anyone who is disgruntled with the board suddenly thinks they are ok becuase of three good results.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 68
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2017, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I would guess that your quote earlier in the thread might have suggested as much?

I guess it's all quiet on the Fenty front so lets start having a pop at one or two players.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 68
FishOutOfWater
December 10, 2017, 12:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,576
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Badger57
It makes no sense against 11 so there's no chance of there being anything like a good or sensible reason for doing it against 10.

JT asked Slade about this in the post-match interview but it wasn’t really answered

He said he’d explained this at the Fans’ Forum and wasn’t about to go over it again

Got to admit though seemed an opportunity for us to leave someone further up the field to allow us to counter attack

Seems Slade would rather us just defend deeply and to concede territory to the opposition
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 1:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I would guess that your quote earlier in the thread might have suggested as much?

I guess it's all quiet on the Fenty front so lets start having a pop at one or two players.

Nah, just a point about a gaff less couple of days

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 68
mimma
December 10, 2017, 1:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
I was screaming like everyone else to leave at least one player up when defending a corner.

Then someone pointed out that we twice broke out and ended up with two one onto ones with the keeper because they never left anyone on on the halfway line.

What do I know eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.