Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2017 Accounts (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 126 Guests

2017 Accounts (merged)

This thread currently has 10,700 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2017, 12:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

He cannot call his loans in unless it is affordable for the club. This applies to all directors loans in GTFC

He can do what he likes. Unless there is a specific clause limiting his ability to call in the loans, and I've never heard of any such clause, he can call in his loans whenever he likes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 127
fleabag1970
November 4, 2017, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The fans gave over 100k to the club . The club sign a top player they then sell the top player and then the owner of the club rewards himself with 200k ?  Am I missing something or is this a fact ?

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 127
Madeleymariner
November 4, 2017, 5:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,076
Gold Stars: 52
Sorry, no issure with that, love him or hate him JF has put the money in and is entitled to get some of it back when we turn a profit, however it came about- its not like he has emptied the clubs coffers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 127
HertsGTFC
November 4, 2017, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
He could have been well within his rights to take more to be honest, no issues here. Whatever you think of him he "put his money where his mouth is" as a former Man U supporter once said.    

So what happens is people moan that we are indebted via the benign loans then when we start to pay those loans down people still moan, if as reported JF did tell someone to eff off recently well where some "supporters" are concerned it's arguably a bit overdue.

We are having trouble scoring goals, that is not his fault maybe the blame lays at the feet of the manager who appears to have signed a couple of donkey's up front.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 127
mariner91
November 4, 2017, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from fleabag1970
The fans gave over 100k to the club . The club sign a top player they then sell the top player and then the owner of the club rewards himself with 200k ?  Am I missing something or is this a fact ?

I gave the money I gave to help get us promoted. We got promoted with that money and Bogle played a huge part. As far as I'm concerned, my money was well used.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 127
moosey_club
November 4, 2017, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,339
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from fleabag1970

and he also allowed the signing of numerous players on the back of selling that player in the same transfer window ...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 127
Bigdog
November 4, 2017, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
JF should have had the good grace to put the initial £2m in as a proper investment by the way of shares if he intended to rule on his own for so long. So if the odd fan is saying he's entitled to getting his money back, what's the last fifteen years of relegations and non-league and future years of drudgery all been for? Surely there's got to be some kind of cost for him to live out a dream and shut out the chance of anyone else doing it? MP and the Trust have invested money without ties along with the OP money, JF had the pleasure of spending it all himself. Not only does the £2m hold us back investment wise, paying it all back at some stage is going to stunt our progress too. It's not as simple as "he put his money in, he deserves it back." Whoever has the honour of running our club should invest not loan, especially if the tenure starts to span generations upon generations of our fans..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 127
HertsGTFC
November 4, 2017, 6:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Bigdog
JF should have had the good grace to put the initial £2m in as a proper investment by the way of shares if he intended to rule on his own for so long. So if fans are saying he's entitled to getting his money back, what's the last fifteen years of relegations and non-league and future years of drudgery all been for? Surely there's got to be some kind of cost for him to live out a dream. MP and the Trust have invested money without ties along with the OP money, JF had the pleasure of spending it all himself. Not only does the £2m hold us back investment wise, paying it all back at some stage is going to stunt our progress too. It's not as simple as "he put his money in, he deserves it back." Whoever has the honour of running our club should invest not loan, especially if the tenure starts to span generations upon generations of our fans..

The principle of investment is you put the money in and then get it back.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 127
TheRealJohnLewis
November 4, 2017, 6:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I have a lot of issue with JF, he's turned our once proud club into a tin pot club with zero risk to himself.  There's no investment in our club and it's not going to get better until we have someone knows how to run a football club.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 127
TheRealJohnLewis
November 4, 2017, 6:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The principle of investment is you put the money in and then get it back.

Only when the entity you have invested in has grown, if the entity decreases then you would normally lose some of your investment
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2017 Accounts (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.