18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
November 8, 2017, 4:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from golfer
Where are these 1500 house buyers going to come from FFS -nearly all these new developments are having trouble selling houses-the over 50's houses off Humberston Ave are being reduced because there are no buyers .

No wonder so many of those big houses are up for sale on millionaires row surprised J,F. still lives there tbh,

The Avenue as lost all it's prestige and then there is that goon that demolished his property without planning permission to build a through road to the new development,

What a eye sore that land is all over grown the travellers will be in there soon lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 176
jimgtfc
November 8, 2017, 8:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

No wonder so many of those big houses are up for sale on millionaires row surprised J,F. still lives there tbh,

The Avenue as lost all it's prestige and then there is that goon that demolished his property without planning permission to build a through road to the new development,

What a eye sore that land is all over grown the travellers will be in there soon lol.

Yeah pretty much Rutland Street now isn’t it? 😂... They may well be building plenty of new developments around the Humberston Avenue area but they’re all decent and in keeping with the area.

As for where any enabling development might be, I thought the old Western School site was earmarked as a potential location. It’s certainly big enough. Also has there been a taker for the land opposite Toll Bar?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 176
moosey_club
November 8, 2017, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from arryarryarry

Don't very often get down that way these days, are the new houses being built on the golf course.

Used to play the odd round there years ago.

Yes bud. Now all architect designed green eco homes ... found it quite strange that for a development in one of the more prestigious post codes that part of the development is social housing.
Dont think it was a specific part of the original planning consent either, apart from the now usual "affordable housing provision" to be included. I imagine Shoreline got a discount for buying several properties.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 176
RoboCod
November 8, 2017, 9:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from golfer
You know when you've had a few drinks and the next morning you wake up with a vague recollection of something being said the night before but don't know if it was real or something you have dreamt  That's how  I feel about this "project". Is it reality or just a pipe dream

I dreamt I was given a lovely bright red cap, along with the vision of the new ground. Can't find it anywhere, I assume it was also part of my dream..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 176
moosey_club
November 8, 2017, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

I dreamt I was given a lovely bright red cap, along with the vision of the new ground. Can't find it anywhere, I assume it was also part of my dream..

i had a similar dream....its a bit hazy but if i close my eyes i can still picture my red cap...there is some wording which i can just about make out as...i think its  The  GO NO GO Stadium...    how prophetic.  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 176
arryarryarry
November 8, 2017, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from moosey_club

Yes bud. Now all architect designed green eco homes ... found it quite strange that for a development in one of the more prestigious post codes that part of the development is social housing.
Dont think it was a specific part of the original planning consent either, apart from the now usual "affordable housing provision" to be included. I imagine Shoreline got a discount for buying several properties.

Cheers, that's probably why there seems to be quite a number of the larger houses down the Avenue up for sale.

Private Message
Reply: 165 - 176
arryarryarry
November 8, 2017, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from RoboCod

Still got mine, it's currently in my will to leave to my grandson* so that when he grows up he can wear it at the first game in the new ground.

*Not been born yet.
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 176
grimsby pete
November 8, 2017, 12:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Did Conoco give the club £1 million up front and if they did do they still have naming rights ?

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 176
moosey_club
November 8, 2017, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Did Conoco give the club £1 million up front and if they did do they still have naming rights ?

Astute business by JF ...as Conoco no longer exist they cant demand the money back and we can re-sell the naming rights ... kerrching !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 176
grimsby pete
November 8, 2017, 6:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from moosey_club

Astute business by JF ...as Conoco no longer exist they cant demand the money back and we can re-sell the naming rights ... kerrching !!

Oh that's good ,  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 176
18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW STADIUM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.