Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rotten to the core!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 90 Guests

Rotten to the core!!

This thread currently has 8,423 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 27, 2017, 8:23pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,467
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Surely this is the place to discuss it? It's a forum about opinions on Grimsby Town. There is a division between the fans on how the club is run.

Of course, but if people really want change they need to work together to achieve it. Operation Promotion was a superb achievement where the whole club came together. The ultimate example of change is FC United where a group of disgruntled fans formed a new club from scratch. I am not suggesting we do either of those things now, just pointing out what can be achieved though collaboration. We have some talented fans who possess a wide range of skills and together we have achieved some great things in the past where the Fishy has played an important role in bringing fans together.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 57
Bigdog
September 27, 2017, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from GrimRob

Of course, but if people really want change they need to work together to achieve it. Operation Promotion was a superb achievement where the whole club came together. The ultimate example of change is FC United where a group of disgruntled fans formed a new club from scratch. I am not suggesting we do either of those things now, just pointing out what can be achieved though collaboration. We have some talented fans who possess a wide range of skills and together we have achieved some great things in the past where the Fishy has played an important role in bringing fans together.

Everyone who reads the above post should try to calm down and have a good think about what Rob has written. Every variation of criticism has been exhausted now and I think JF has got the message. Will he do anything about it? I doubt it. It's obvious the club needs change and instead of shrugging shoulders or sounding off, could there be a way with determination and a pooling of minds and talents that could effect change? Something positive to channel all the negativity and frustration into..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
Green27
September 27, 2017, 9:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from GrimRob

The whole club didn’t come together the fans came together. The club did jack excrement but charge what was it £1500 for the use of the pitch? The fans came together a year later for operation 3,000 for season tickets. Again the club did nothing. The fans came together again for Operation Mariachi the club did nothing, no support no PR stunt to pick up the tab. The fans make this club. The club and the way it runs and has done for the last 10 years stinks.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
HertsGTFC
September 27, 2017, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from Bigdog

Everyone who reads the above post should try to calm down and have a good think about what Rob has written. Every variation of criticism has been exhausted now and I think JF has got the message. Will he do anything about it? I doubt it. It's obvious the club needs change and instead of shrugging shoulders or sounding off, could there be a way with determination and a pooling of minds and talents that could effect change? Something positive to channel all the negativity and frustration into..

Its not minds that need pooling it's finances if the minority of Town fans who post on the Fishy want change.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2017, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

Somehow I don't think JF has got the message. There's no sign of a change of heart over anything.

But getting back to Rob's point, I agree with you both. Generating practicable ideas and executing them is very, very hard though in a format like this. Something like OP was a relatively simple concept which lots of people could immediately buy into, but it had a limited, and simple aim - raise funds to help the promotion push. It was executed very well.

Coming up with 'Operation Change Control of the Club' is different order of complexity. (Even the bloody name is long-winded   )

One immediate thing, the disaffected fans can do is join the Trust. Cynical about that organisation achieving anything worthwhile? Then bloody well join, find like minded people, get on the Trust board and change the direction. If I remember my history right, before he seized power in Russia, Lenin and his cohorts took control of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party and turned it into a practical revolutionary movement ready to take power. I'm not suggesting by the way that all disaffected fans are Commies (I think a fair few are a 'little' more to the right than that   ) or sending the Non-Chairman to a Gulag (or Hull as it's known).

Or maybe do it the other way round. If like-minded disaffected fans met face-to-face, tried to find enough like minded souls, and then all joined the Trust in mass once you're confident in the numbers.

OK the next problem is how do you change control of the club if JF doesn't want to leave. That's where face-to-face meetings come into it. Where there's a will.

And yes I'm discounting finding a richer man who will pump millions into the club. In the long-run that just leads to disappointment.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
HertsGTFC
September 27, 2017, 9:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
I think we should club together and buy the Imp and open it as a fans hub before and after the games. A few swift ones before and after might help?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
Ahh Sole
September 27, 2017, 10:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Somehow I don't think JF has got the message. There's no sign of a change of heart over anything.

But getting back to Rob's point, I agree with you both. Generating practicable ideas and executing them is very, very hard though in a format like this. Something like OP was a relatively simple concept which lots of people could immediately buy into, but it had a limited, and simple aim - raise funds to help the promotion push. It was executed very well.

Coming up with 'Operation Change Control of the Club' is different order of complexity. (Even the bloody name is long-winded   )

One immediate thing, the disaffected fans can do is join the Trust. Cynical about that organisation achieving anything worthwhile? [b][/b]Then bloody well join, find like minded people, get on the Trust board and change the direction. If I remember my history right, before he seized power in Russia, Lenin and his cohorts took control of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party and turned it into a practical revolutionary movement ready to take power. I'm not suggesting by the way that all disaffected fans are Commies (I think a fair few are a 'little' more to the right than that   ) or sending the Non-Chairman to a Gulag (or Hull as it's known).

Or maybe do it the other way round. If like-minded disaffected fans met face-to-face, tried to find enough like minded souls, and then all joined the Trust in mass once you're confident in the numbers.

OK the next problem is how do you change control of the club if JF doesn't want to leave. That's where face-to-face meetings come into it. Where there's a will.

And yes I'm discounting finding a richer man who will pump millions into the club. In the long-run that just leads to disappointment.

Regarding the bit in bold - the Trust had a chance to do something but voted not to do so. That's been done to death, it's history. The seat on the board is just a necessary inconvenience and powerless to achieve anything that disaffected fans may crave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2017, 10:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think we should club together and buy the Imp and open it as a fans hub before and after the games. A few swift ones before and after might help?

Thought it was being converted into flats?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rotten to the core!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.