August 26, 2017, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The Two Year Plan

According to JF, RS and PW it's Hooper, Fox and Kelly

We're stuck with wasted budget next season on top of not being able to offload poor two year contracts handed out a year ago. It's never ending incompetence..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 84
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2017, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,275
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

And i suppose you have done wonders by opposing from behind a computer keyboard.

What the fook is a happy clapper anyway and why is it their fault?

So, because you had your much publicised meeting with JF, that enables you to take the moral high ground. Well let's take a look at the facts, Devon, flasks, flags, Radio Humberside, The Cleethorpes Chronicle, sacking countless managers that you've mistakenly appointed etc etc. Despite various attempts at a new stadium nothing happens and we, once again, are looking down towards the National League rather than up at League 1. We've spent most of the summer signing dross for a manager that has zero promotions to his name. Oh yes, the Fenty era has been a roaring success, hasn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 84
friskneymariner
August 26, 2017, 9:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
A happy clapper is one of those diminishes band who are willing week in week out to accept the dross we are being served up week in week out without any critical comment and over identify for their own personal reason with those who have got us into this position.and vociferously  attack any critical comment.Cap fit?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 84
fleabag1970
August 26, 2017, 9:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The fenty era has been a complete failure

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 84
fleabag1970
August 26, 2017, 9:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Safe hands ?????? Lmfao

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 84
Vance Warner
August 26, 2017, 9:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,814
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from friskneymariner

Surely none left now,mind you they done this club no good by blindly accepting everything Fenty has done and shouting down everybody who voices a contrary opinion,where are they now.

People like myself who supported Hurst were branded 'happy clappers' where's he now? It says a lot that being a 'happy clapper' and a 'do gooder' are common insults in today's' society.

Anyway, as for Fenty he's had an unbelievably easy ride, I remember the late Bill Carr getting slated when we had to spend one whole season in what's now League 1!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 84
Grimal
August 26, 2017, 9:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mariner91
I don't know how much Mike Parker has but he was certainly willing to spend some on the club at one point before a certain somebody became too difficult to work with. And who knows who else would be out there if the biggest factor in the way, Fenty and his loans, was removed?

Look how Lincoln have thrived by getting in someone who has some business sense and only a small amount of money. Their South African chap put in £250K last year which isn't much but they're reaping the benefits of not having a useless leader.

I doubt if  it's the £250K that is the reason for Lincolns upturn, obviously it would have helped but I'd put it down to having a very good young up and coming management team in the Cowley brothers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 84
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2017, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,275
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from mariner91
I don't know how much Mike Parker has but he was certainly willing to spend some on the club at one point before a certain somebody became too difficult to work with. And who knows who else would be out there if the biggest factor in the way, Fenty and his loans, was removed?

Look how Lincoln have thrived by getting in someone who has some business sense and only a small amount of money. Their South African chap put in £250K last year which isn't much but they're reaping the benefits of not having a useless leader.

Well if the loans were properly benign then they would have been written off some time ago. But benign is one of those words that has no finite meaning and the loans just sit in the corporate accounts of GTFC as a reminder that Mr Fenty has invested a shitload of money in the club whilst we have disappeared down the drain and the club we once were is no longer.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 84
friskneymariner
August 26, 2017, 9:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Vance Warner

People like myself who supported Hurst were branded 'happy clappers' where's he now? It says a lot that being a 'happy clapper' and a 'do gooder' are common insults in today's' society.

Anyway, as for Fenty he's had an unbelievably easy ride, I remember the late Bill Carr getting slated when we had to spend one whole season in what's now League 1!

Oi I was a professional do-gooder for 25 years.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 84
mariner91
August 26, 2017, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Hence why I didn't call them benign. If he truly didn't want it hanging over the club like a bad smell, essentially giving him control because anyone knows they would either have to pay him off or let him have his way each time, then he'd write them off. The fact he hasn't speaks volumes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 2 Year plan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.