Reply: 11 - 31
Spidey
August 5, 2017, 4:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Strange can watch the match on my iPad, but Android phone doesn't want to know!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
MarinerBen
August 5, 2017, 5:12pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
It’s not a UK account as such, when you mask your location using VPN the prices change to the currency of that country. There’s no proof required other than where your VPN is set to.

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 31
Mariner93er
August 5, 2017, 5:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
It didn't charge me to watch, I just clicked watch match and it went straight to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
livosnose
August 5, 2017, 5:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 16
Worked for me abroad apart from I didn't have a commentary

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
August 5, 2017, 5:25pm
Guest User
Fine for away games, but not fine to sit at home in Grimsby and Cleethorpes with your VPN and your Ifollow account. I see the Coachhouse wanted to screen HOME and away games but appear to have changed their minds over home games. Our away following is unbelievable, given the size of our club. I didn't go today as I'm a bit skint but it was amazing to be able to watch us on the TV, just the one camera, do your own replays, no commentary for me at least on PC. My mates think I'm a snake but there you go. I'll get to plenty of away games, I'vr paid my way via my season ticket although I'll miss at least 7 games through holidays so works out a bit dearer for me than buying every other week. All our 2600 fans have done today is boost Chesterfields coffers by about 50k! Although away days are best.

We can't afford to lose home fans who sit watching the game at home in GY and Clee. I will permanently boycott any pub that shows home games, that's where the club gets the gate receipts, away games, no issues. Hell of a service by the way.
Reply: 16 - 31
MarinerBen
August 5, 2017, 5:26pm

Beer Drinker
There was commentary available, you had to select it though. At the bottom right hand corner of the video player was a small settings button. You could select 3 audio tracks; default, home, away. Hope this helps for next time!

Although, the (our) commentator sounded very young and inexperienced...

- Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 31
ginnywings
August 5, 2017, 5:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
I'm afraid it's inevitable that once live streams of games are allowed, people will find a way to watch them. You can't stop technology and some will choose to circumvent with a VPN to watch both home and away games. I will be at BP for my fix as live football is what it's all about, but others will feel differently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
MarinerBen
August 5, 2017, 5:38pm

Beer Drinker
Personally, I live in the SW of England. If I can watch games that I otherwise cannot attend, I damn rightly will... as would any good supporter.

I agree however, bums on seats are what matters on the day which is why I’m attending the first two home fixtures when visiting my family at weekends. Internet streaming is a last resort, yet it’s also another means of income for what would be nothing for the club.

- Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Help needed re-ifollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.