devs
May 9, 2017, 4:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Emotional me
I've seen better midfielders than Dizza but I've not seen that many as committed to the cause and have such an obvious love and affection for all things GTFC
He will always be a legend purely for his character and leadership abilities (on and off the pitch) during the darkest period in our history.
And to lift the trophy at Wembley was the icing on the cake for not only him but everyone - I can't think of anyone I've seen wear the GTFC shirt in 35 years of watching them who I'd rather have carried out that duty... truly deserved

Practical me - nothing lasts forever. Time is catching up with him. New manager will have new ideas. Dizza's wages could well be freed up to buy a 23/24 year old on a two year contract and you can;t afford to be sentimental. I trust RS to spend our budget wisely and I am sure he will have weighed up the pros and cons of letting Dizza leave

Craig - you are a model professional, a decent man and a legend...good luck for the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2017, 4:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sad to see him go.

All the best for the future Craig. Thanks for everything.

👏 👏
👏 👏 👏 👏
DIZ!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
Bignic69
May 9, 2017, 4:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Can only echo what most have already said.
Town great, that's all there is to it, Wembley was his day last season and I cant think of anyone in the recent past who deserved it more.
My 9 year old son is heartbroken.  

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
Maringer
May 9, 2017, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,690
Gold Stars: 189
Excellent professional who always gave his all and offered that extra bit of class our teams often missed during the Conference years.

I'd imagine he'll be capable of doing a good job for a Conference team for another season or two if the opportunity arises.

Same goes for Gowling who I'm sure will be playing  Conference football next season at the very least.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
Les Brechin
May 9, 2017, 4:50pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Cheers Diz and thanks for the memories, especially THAT day at Wembley. Hope he gets another year at least somewhere. I know he's friends with Dean Keates so maybe Wrexham will be his next port of call.

Also sorry to see Josh go too. Served us really well in the conference but just didn't work out for him for one reason or another this season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 9, 2017, 5:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
I've seen some town icons in my time but when I started watching regularly alot of the greats were coming to the end of their careers like groves and mcdermott. So for me in my time disley really stands out. If anyones been a hero in big games in the last few years its been disley usually via a header, always sneaking in when you think the balls missed everyone. Thought about 3 years in he'd lost his way but had a real resurgence and played his best stuff after that and i've learnt to be patient with players from that. Got a signed shirt framed and one of the signatures is his so thats great.

Hope someone puts a video of his town highlights up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
moosey_club
May 9, 2017, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
All the best Dizzly Rascal. A thorough professional in these modern mercenary times and proud to have had you as a captain. Hope you get what you are looking for elsewhere.

Turn up at Lincoln though and you can forget all the above  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
chicaneuk
May 9, 2017, 5:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
A massive disappointment to me that he's going. I think he still had the ability and the energy to stay in the squad for next season easily. Not to mention he seems like a totally class act.

I really hope RS knows what he's doing as he takes the knife to the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
Hertsmariner
May 9, 2017, 5:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
I suppose each of us has our own 'Pantheon' of GTFC 'greats' and my own goes all the way back to Allenby Chilton, Johnny Scott and Jimmy Fell. More recently, I would include Ron Rafferty, Matt Tees, Charlie Wright and then Kevin Drinkell, Paul Wilkinson (welcome back, Paul!) and subsequently Paul Futcher, Paul Groves, Clive Mendonca, Jack Lester and assorted others, such as Garry Birtles, Trevor Wymark and Chris Nicholl who came to BP near the end of their careers. No doubt there are others who will pop out of my memory after closing this.
However, I can now add Craig Disley to that list from the present era (though frankly there aren't many others from the recent past who even come close for me-yet....). If for no other reason, I think Craig will always be remembered for leading Town back from the darkness of non-league obscurity. I think that he deserves, and will find, fruitful employment in the game he loves and has served with distinction in a long career. Good luck, Craig, and thank you for the memories you have given us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Hagrid
May 9, 2017, 5:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,525
Gold Stars: 544
You come to see how high he was regarded with the countless messages from ex players wishing him well. A very popular leader and man
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig D

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.