Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 94 Guests

Bignot sacked

This thread currently has 51,234 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
bluerose13x
April 10, 2017, 7:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Fenty said about Bignot that he was doing absolutely everything at Solihull.

Overeager, at it like a bull in a china shop with professionals rather than part timers. I feel Bignot didn't take the time to learn how to manage a professional team before making massive changes.Yes, for sure Paul Hurst was and is still learning as a manager after 6 years at professional clubs.  He wasn't good at PR maybe, but took his time to get things sorted.

I was happy to let Bignot carry on until at least how next season started, but there was in my opinion a certain amount of blagging, talking himself up and buttering the fans up for a love-in to get the fans onside. Maybe that's what he's used to a lower levels where money is tight and its up to a manager to blagg a player over/win a player over with talking a good game, but at this level?

I had a manager once at my place at work who lets say was a good talker/blagger. It was good at 1st, until we realised he a bit clueless and was effectively a rudderless leader. He lasted just over six months.

Anyway, no hard feelings really Marcus. Good luck in whatever you end up doing next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 287
mariner91
April 10, 2017, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,820
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from ginnywings
Just been told that senior players went to the board and said Bignot couldn't even run a training session properly and if he was here next season, they wouldn't be.

Wonder who the players were. Collins and Andrew would be the ones I'd be really concerned about losing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 287
Hagrid
April 10, 2017, 7:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
People on here can say what they want and that players should be men etcetc, but for me, for senior players to go and do that, something must have been seriously wrong, we've heard of weeks and weeks of player unrest, for John to have made this move it must have been a complete breakdown in relationship. For one im pleased he's gone, i thought he was clueless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 287
golfer
April 10, 2017, 7:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ginnywings
Just been told that senior players went to the board and said Bignot couldn't even run a training session properly and if he was here next season, they wouldn't be.

Well we know who they are and for the real reasons-don't suppose they like sitting on the naughty step. If they are told to do something they don't like by the new manager do they do  the same thing happen again. Where was HIS backing from the board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 287
rancido
April 10, 2017, 7:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Although I could see what MB was trying to achieve with his radical approach , unfortunately he was moving too fast in implementing it. As long as we were in with a chance of making the play-offs then any team changes needed to be tempered with the ultimate goal of getting a result ( no pun intended !). I'm sure JF had noticed this and while the feel good factor from getting back in the league was evident then any changes should have been forced and tactical, not experimental. I'm fairly sure that JF has already got somebody lined up and could easily have delayed Bignots' sacking until he was sure of securing somebody. Even if there is nobody waiting in the wings we are in a very strong position to secure somebody of quality , especially now the new ground is becoming more of a reality. Certainly, if we do secure a new manager over the next 2 weeks then it will give him time to assess his squad before the end of the season and decide what is required to move forward. For what it's worth I think MB will make a good manager one day but he needs to be more measured in his approach and realise that a clubs fans might not share his hurried radical approach and they, ultimately, are the ones that matter most.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 287
grimsby pete
April 10, 2017, 7:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,839
Gold Stars: 222
I have been out all day and just spent the last 35 mins reading all the posts,

Well I am shocked, if he got the sack last week I would only have been surprised,

All the rumours about players unrest might have some truth in them after all,

It will be interesting on what team is put out on Friday probably picked by Dave Moore or and Woods,

The good news is the new man has a longer time to sort our club out for next season,

Good Bye Marcus it was really interesting ( sort of ) while it lasted.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 287
arryarryarry
April 10, 2017, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Some keep mentioning Woods but as he had that much contact with the 1st team?

If anyone is put in charge before a replacement is brought in I would suggest Dave Moore with Andy Warrington.
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 287
ginnywings
April 10, 2017, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Whichever way you look at it, the board got the appointment wrong. Singing his praises in November and sacking him in April. Doesn't fill me with much confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 287
malkamalka
April 10, 2017, 7:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
As an Arsenal supporter, I just wish the Board at The Emirates would move fast with decisions like that

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 287
TheRealJohnLewis
April 10, 2017, 7:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from malkamalka
As an Arsenal supporter, I just wish the Board at The Emirates would move fast with decisions like that

So Wenger should have been sacked after 5 months??

Constantly doing well in the Prem must be hard!
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.