11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
October 26, 2016, 8:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
I personally don't feel the Cowleys have done enough at this stage to warrant taking over a football league club and would much prefer someone with football league experience not quite sure how they would fit the bill?In the real world IF GTFC decided they were the chosen ones they would offer them a bigger salary and they would come that`s just how it works nowadays.Things is other than people here putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 I doubt very much they were ever high on the radar but at least it`s wound the Imps up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 102
tanga_the_indestructible
October 26, 2016, 9:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Cowley more or less said the same things.  I bet his name is put on the table when it comes to ideas for a new manager.  Now that we have had one manager from the lower leagues with more or less the same ethos, I would not be surprised if Fenty is thinking of Cowley as a candidate, already got some compensation money to put towards grabbing some low league manager.

Still think we need an experienced league manager with some promotions under his belt.

Name me a Town manager who had successful league promotions under their belt before coming here and doing the same? I think we've had two in the last 60 years: McMenemy and Buckley.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 102
Ipswin
October 26, 2016, 10:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Heard Cowley on local radio earlier tonight and he was pretty emphatic he was going nowhere and for once he sounded like a football manager who was telling the truth so think no chance of him moving over to sunny Cleethorpes.

Thankfuckforthat 10 minutes at a non-league outfit after an hour at a pub team in Essex Someone like him we don't need, a school teacher currently pulling above his weight

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 102
MrFisherman
October 26, 2016, 10:56am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
Quoted from Ipswin

Thankfuckforthat 10 minutes at a non-league outfit after an hour at a pub team in Essex Someone like him we don't need, a school teacher currently pulling above his weight

Russell Slade was a school teacher before his football career  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 102
dapperz fun pub
October 26, 2016, 11:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Looks the part in big work ethic but lacks any real experience but interestingly word from impland is the brothers actually had different thoughts on this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 102
LongEatonMariner
October 26, 2016, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1

Name me a Town manager who had successful (non😉) league promotions under their belt before coming here and doing the same? I think we've had two in the last 60 years: McMenemy and Buckley.

Crikey, I know we have short memories but what about the fella that has just left!?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 102
dapperz fun pub
October 26, 2016, 11:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Crikey, I know we have short memories but what about the fella that has just left!?

In dog and duck football yeh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 102
Ipswin
October 26, 2016, 12:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MrFisherman

Russell Slade was a school teacher before his football career  

I rest my case. Cardiff 28th May 2006.

More clubs than trophys.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 102
Golden fox
October 26, 2016, 4:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
I'm not too fussed on The Cowleys. After some pondering I think I've been a little harsh on Lincoln City ....I hope they have a good season , come third (about 20 points above 5th )  then have the misfortune to lose to that 5th placed team in the PO-Final  . And then lose Cowleys clan to "a bigger team than that village down the road " following this implode , cough and splutter to the Conference North  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 102
Nelly GTFC
October 26, 2016, 5:17pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,776
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Cowley more or less said the same things.  I bet his name is put on the table when it comes to ideas for a new manager.  Now that we have had one manager from the lower leagues with more or less the same ethos, I would not be surprised if Fenty is thinking of Cowley as a candidate, already got some compensation money to put towards grabbing some low league manager.

Still think we need an experienced league manager with some promotions under his belt.
Name me a Town manager who had successful league promotions under their belt before coming here and doing the same? I think we've had two in the last 60 years: McMenemy and Buckley.
Yep you are right, good point.  With Paul Hurst having these credentials at non-league level and it eventually working for Grimsby Town in the National League, perhaps Fenty and the board members will look at this in terms of who applies and perhaps targets and seek another manager who has had successful promotions either by the play-offs or automatic promotion at league level.

Stating the obvious, but if the above is the case, the Cowleys won't even be on the radar whatsoever.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln city

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.